Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:04 pm
I'm going to be chugging across to Humberside for the Barton Wheelers elderly gentlefolks race on Saturday so won't be able to front up the training ride - please can someone stick their hand up to choose a route and make sure everyone on the ride knows vaguely what they're up to and gets round without too much drama?

Ta!

by Broom Wagon Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:18 pm
No takers for the training ride then? I'll be along - how about the Boroughbridge route - no specific race work - just a briskish ride around the route.

If it's raining though or wet, I'll give it a miss - Missis has a list of jobs for me to do instead.

by PhilBixby Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:47 pm
Good man! Will be doing my Non-Rain Dance for Barton so hopefully it'll rub off on York and see you round the training ride in the dry - bonne route!

by RichT Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:30 pm
I'll be there! Boroughbridge route sounds good.

by JSimon Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:41 pm
Today was my first Saturday training ride; 1 pothole -> 2 punctures :roll:! I wouldn't go as far as to say that I enjoyed but it was certainly a good training and I'll be along again next week :D
Steve, if you're reading this, thanks for the tube! I'll bring you a new one next week if that's okay? Pm me if that doesn't work for you.

by Broom Wagon Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:13 pm
Don't worry about it - the advantage of riding with a club, someone's always got a tube. Shame you didn't enjoy it though - next time I think you'll find you go much quicker.