Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by paulM Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:06 pm
Good news that summer arrives this weekend as the clocks change but bad news that those of us road racing on Sunday need to remember to go to bed early and set the time correctly on our alarm clocks!
Good news also that this means light nights and no excuses for not getting out on the road instead of staring at your garage door through a miserable sweaty haze. Sorry I mean turbo training.
So I was thinking this might be a good time to kick off the Tuesday chaingangs. Meet Acomb roundabout on the ring road at 6:15 to follow a long established tried and trusted route to Tockwith, Cowthorpe, Little Ribston & North Deighton to then retrace the outward leg back to Acomb. Its about 30 miles. Usually we ride in two's out and lined out on the way back. Bring LEDs at least for the first couple of weeks. It is good road race training - not so much replicating the intensity of sitting in the bunch - more the intensity of screwing yourself in the break! Go with the mindset that you'll do your turns till you get dropped and very soon you wont be getting dropped! This isnt something that requires posts every week and a letter from your parents if you cant make it. The routes the same every week and it will just happen anyway. See you there.

by Ratty Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:06 pm
Hi folks,

Just wondering if you mind a non Clifton rider coming on your chain gang on Tuesday. If not which roundabout do you meet at is it teh Woodthorpe one or the Acomb (B1224) one. I will be riding through from Tad so may just jump on at Rufforth or Long Marston if that is the route you take.

Thanks

Ratty (John)

by menticknap Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:25 pm
Go for it Ratty!

by Ratty Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:04 pm
Thanks Maffers, are you stalking me :wink:

On a more serious note could someone let me know the route please as due to parents evening I may be a touch late setting off and will join enroute.

Thanks

Ratty

TEF/Richardsons RT

by Ratty Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:01 pm
Thanks Andy should hopefully be there on time if not I will cut across and tag on

by tomf Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:45 am
anyone out this evening?
(Concerned Parent)

by tomf Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:14 pm
Yes there were. Lots of fun, sun and pain. Everyone should try it...

by paulM Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:34 pm
I told you at the end of March there would be people out Tom - no need to post!
Good ride tonight - definitely works better in a single line! At least it was for me until I punctured.

by Cyan Skymoos Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:18 am
Wecome to chaingang, the first rule of chaingang is you don't talk about chaingang. The second rule of chaingang is you DO NOT talk about chaingang.

by tomf Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:01 am
Rule three: there is no rule three.
Chaingang? No officer, we're just in a hurry to get home before dark!