Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:21 am
Since I'll be sitting in elevated carpet slippers this Saturday as preparation for Seacroft Wheelers, would someone like to take the lead in deciding the route for the training ride, and ensuring fair play on the day? Forecast looks good, countryside looks inviting.

Same thing applies for the following two weekends thanks to Barton Wheelers vets RR and Bridlington RR... ...now's the chance to hijack everyone for your favourite route! Step forward please!
Last edited by PhilBixby on Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Broom Wagon Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:54 pm
I won't be out either, my missis's birthday. Wives get grumpy when you go out cycling on their birthdays. Maybe husbands do too, though I think most would see it as a good excuse to put their feet up in front of the TV.

I'll be doing the Audax on Sunday though - if any of the usual suspects from the Saturday training squad want to join me for a bit of a steadier ride than they're used to (cafe stop too :shock: ), that would be excellent.

by tomf Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:48 pm
Sorry, towel from me too - will be spending most of the day at Bootham crescent waiting for my son to play a football match (and a small amount watching him play I hope...). Next?

by RichT Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:07 pm
I'll be out on Saturday. Is anyone up for the east training route round Malton to get a few hills in?

by Jess Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:18 am
Hi Rich - I'll be out, but I was considering hopping on to the sat 10am ride, since there will only be a few of us & it would be good to get the miles in?

Intermediates going to thornton -le dale I think so a few hills. What do you reckon?

by RichT Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:43 am
Jess, it looks like a good route but I'm stuck with a morning ride because it's my eldest lad's birthday party in the afternoon!

I'll head down the square for 9am to see if there's anyone else up for a 3 hour ride.

by Dr Dave Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:39 pm
I've been ill this week but hope to be out tmrw if I'm feeling up to it. 3 hrs should suit..

by dave c Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:26 pm
I should be there

by dave c Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:01 pm
With some of the racers resting today in preparation for Bishopwood tomorrow there were only 5 of us for the training ride.

We decided to do the traditional Buttercrambe-Malton-Coneythorpe-Sheriff Hutton with a lap of the 10 TT course thrown in. It went well with no problems and we kept good formation (most of the time). It was pretty tough for me on some of the rolling climbs with Cam b and the others pushing the tempo but hung on. We lined out on the TT bit.

Back home for 11.30 with 55 miles and 19.5 overall average. Good weather aswell.