Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:33 pm
I've had an email from the organiser of the TLI East Yorkshire Road Race League events giving notice that:-

1)The closing date for series entries is 10 April 2011

2)The cost is £40 (cheque payable to "East Yorkshire Road Race League") for the series and all entries on completed forms to arrive by no later than 10 April 2011 to: Mark Robinson, Alexandra Lodge, 14 Packman lane, Kirkella, Hull HU10 7TL.

3) We've already had loads of entries for the series, and after the closing date will decide how to select the 70 riders for the first race.

4) We will not be taking any entries on the line at the first race.

5) We may take entries on the line for later races depending upon turnout from series entrants. We cannot guarantee any rides if you are not in the first 70 riders selected for the series.

...so, anyone who's still in a shall I / shan't I frame of mind should make their mind up PDQ and get an entry in. TLI membership info is on the TLI website.

Slightly alarmed by Item (3) - sounds a bit like it might be Seacroft Wheelers all over again... :shock:

by Broom Wagon Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:44 pm
Oh heck, I just assumed if you'd entered you'd be in.

by tomf Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:58 pm
me too - especially if your cheque's been cashed!
hmmm...

by Dr Dave Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:07 pm
tomf wrote:me too - especially if your cheque's been cashed!
hmmm...

Absolutely! As far as I'm concerned if they've taken my money they've accepted my entry...

by Broom Wagon Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:30 pm
A bit of confusion here. I got an email today with the same contents as that Phil posted but saying READ ONLY IF YOU HAVE NOT YET ENTERED EYRRL - from that I assume if you've already entered you've got a ride, but if you've not entered yet there's no guarantees.