Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:32 am
Since it looks like I'll be putting my feet up in preparation for the Neil White, does someone else fancy fronting up the training ride this week? Choose format/route, make sure everyone knows what they're doing / gets back in one piece?

by tomf Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:30 pm
Yes.
Will ponder route/format - I can see from the other thread that a fair few will be resting for the Neil White MRR the next day, so I guess we probably won't have two groups, and perhaps the 'race' format isn't suitable.

If anybody wants a particular route, post here!

cheers,
tom

by Jess Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:37 am
not doing the Neil White (breathes huge sigh of relief) but I'll be dusting off my aerobars & joining Dave C & a few others for the Sledmere 10, so no training ride for me this week.

Good luck to all who are racing! :D

by Cyan Skymoos Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:56 pm
Also doing the Sledmere 'mountain' 10. Not sure if I'll bother bolting on the tri-bars, but I will be using my new go faster skinsuit.

Bring on the pain.

by Broom Wagon Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:58 pm
Um....I'm intending to be out. Hope it's not going to be just you and me Tom, me stuck to your back wheel until I get dropped isn't going to be much use to either of us.

Oops just noticed my messages - I'm happy whatever route you want to do Tom - a few undulations might make a nice change - you're the boss.

by RichT Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:36 pm
No races for me this weekend so I'll be out for the training ride. A few hills sounds good to me.....

by Dr Dave Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:32 am
I'm intending to do the training ride this weekend.....

by tomf Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:02 am
Training ride update: looks like we have a quorum, and I *think* all of us have an East Yorks RR League entry, so I'm putting together an EYRRL preview route - should be able to cross the Wolds, take in Walkington and Etton circuits at least, get a few hills but no crazy climbs, all within a sixty mile budget. Aim is to to keep tight form and good brisk work; probably a notch below the pace of the flat circuit rides of the last two weeks.

One question: I'm not sure where everyone is located but I'm tempted to offend purists and go for meeting at the Elvington garage T (at 9.30say) rather than the square given where we're headed. Rich/Dave/others would that work ok for you?

by Dr Dave Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:17 pm
There may well be people who don't check this board who turn up at The Square at 9 so I'd advise against meeting up elsewhere - just MHO. :)

by Broom Wagon Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:19 pm
Whilst a lie in is appealing, I agree with Dave, not everyone checks the forum. The more people out the better, gives me a chance to do as much shirking as possible to save my energies for the (well I said undulations) hills.

by tomf Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:10 pm
Thanks Dave, good point. 9am sharp at the square it is.
After poring over Google maps, Walkington is a course too far; but we can do a nice loop to Etton. Forecast is good - overcast, 7-10 degrees and a southerly wind to help us home. Summer bikes are approved (nay, encouraged, especially if new wheels need showing off). I'll try to post the route once I get Google to behave...

tom

by tomf Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:21 pm
Route as promised - your browser may struggle; it works on IE7 for me.
The little loop in the south-east corner is the Etton circuit. The rest uses a fair bit of Nat. Cycle 'Route 66' and tries to steer a sensible course through the Wolds. I realised I don't know the official Clifton route to Stamford Bridge so I'm happy to be corrected. And Broom, we have Spring Lane too!
A teeny bit over budget at 66mi but still realistic for 3.5hrs.
Hope to see you there,
tom

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&sourc ... 15921&z=11

by RichT Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:26 pm
Excellent route Tom. Nice to a get a few hills in and ride on some new roads for me esp. around Millington.

Cheers

Rich