Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by timj Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:29 pm
Hi all
I feel today was just what i personally needed to kind of clarify where i am or where i want to be at this time.As Phil says 21mph doesnt sound brilliant but with 2/3/4 in a group the recovery time is limited so in theory the training is more specific.Our group worked well up to a point then kind of splintered but as i said to Dr Dave and Toby it is better to miss a turn if you are struggling then do one when you recovered than keep getting dropped and blowing up.Dr Dave dug in to hang on til near the end and Toby worked well.Enjoyed riding with Paul his experience being shared with words of advice.
Good day

by Allan Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:06 pm
Well I got dropped by Phil's group after about 22 yards but caught up with John some 3 miles later. We worked hard as a pair for the remaining 5 laps and it turned out to be a real good workout for me so well worth missing a 4th consecutive trip (in the last 6 weeks) to Helmsley with the sunday group :)
by timj Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:46 pm
Phil what about the course out towards cundall TLI race cant remember the name of the loop Think it was Milby Course.

by Cam B Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:10 pm
Yes...good ride last Saturday and I am up for something similar this Saturday. I should be able to make it. My Knowledge of local circuits is v. limited so can't really suggest another....apart from that one just outside B'bridge which seems a good one.
Just one point: Last week we divided the groups very arbitarily (spelling?). Noticeable that both groups suffered some 'splitting'. Riding round in ones, twos and threes is perhaps not we're after. Just wondered if we should base the groups according to our levels of current fitness? I am sure that we all know roughly who we are on par with and hopefully this may ensure that we have two reasonably sized groups staying together for the duration of the whole ride

Cam