Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by timj Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:15 pm
Hi all
Does any one have the route map for this race as i might be able to ride it next sunday if anyone fancies it.
cheers

by PhilBixby Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:27 pm
Hi Tim

All of this assumes the race is going to be run on the same circuit as previous years (which I don't know yet as I haven't received a start sheet) - there were issues last year with Highways concerns over a couple of the junctions - in addition to the one they insisted had traffic control.

But anyway, if it is the same... ...type Stokesley into Microsoft Maps / Multimap / whatever. Head West from the town centre onto the unclassified (yellow) road towards Tame Bridge and turn right towards Seamer. You're now on the circuit, at the race start/finish. Go through Seamer following the main road and continue westwards, turning left just before Hilton. Follow this (very scabby in places) road south to Rudby, turning left at the T-junction. Go up Skutterskelfe Bank (the one "hill" on the circuit) and continue to Tame Bridge, where left to complete the lap.
by timj Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:00 pm
cheers Phil

by PhilBixby Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:16 pm
Still no start sheet here but I did the "Fleming Test" and checked my most recent online bank statement - entry cheque has been paid in, so I'm assuming I've got a ride! Who else is in??
by timj Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:58 pm
Phil
Did the test and cheque gone out on 23 Feb so should be in.

by Cam B Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:40 pm
same here

by like my bike Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:09 am
Its on the usual Seamer Circuit -

A J

by PhilBixby Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:18 am
Have they done any road repairs on that little lane yet?
by timj Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:25 pm
Has anyone had a start sheet yet?

by PhilBixby Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:26 pm
Nope!
by timj Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:38 pm
Phil presuming we are all riding shall we arrange a time to meet there ?With plenty of time for a good warm up and ride around the circuit to see if training together has taught us how to race together?

by Dr Dave Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:12 pm
Who's going to lead who out for the final sprint!

by PhilBixby Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:50 pm
..."to see if training together has taught us how to race together?"

We'll probably find out by about halfway round the first lap! I'll aim to be there at least an hour before commencement of hostilities. Previous experience says that signing on can be a lengthy business for this event. Not sure I'll plan on a lap of the circuit - the road up to Great Broughton's fine for warming up on and leaves less of a panic if you end up with a p******e. Usual arrangements are commissaire's lecture in the car park, then ride out together prior to setting off in groups from the start/finish. We can organise ourselves then to ensure we make a tidy group in the bunch, plan where to attack etc... :wink:

by chester56 Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:39 am
This is an E-1-2-3-4 race, so the challenge will be to stay with the 'initial surge', usually part way round Lap 1 before the fast lads go into distance and the rest of us mere mortals hopefully settle into something more manageable - See you there - Andy