Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:34 am
Just to clarify, it's a Regional C+ handicap event, so riders go off in category groups - us 4th cats off first, then Muzzy's lot, etc all the way down to Chris Newton or whoever else gets set off ten minutes after us and still makes it look easy. So, the fast bit tends to be at the end if the early groups get caught by the fast blokes (ie if, as usual, we don't get organised and get our a***s in gear).

Mind you I've still not had a start sheet so Andy may well be right, or it might be for unicycles only, or on horseback. Who knows...

by paulM Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:37 pm
My startsheets arrived today - Tim, Cam, Andy & Phil in the 2nd (4th cat) group, myself with the thirds. You are in a group of 15 a minute down on the lead group of 4 riders, 3 mins infront of my group (23 riders) , 6 mins in front of the 2nds and 9 mins in front of the Elites. So if you want anything from this dont hang around waiting to be caught - See if you can get a few of the others to work with you and just keep doing what you've been doing for the past few weeks - no heroics just keep taking your turns - the other groups have a lot of time to make up and the longer you hold them off the harder they will have to ride! And if you think I'm talking rubbish 5 years ago four 4th cats did just that and stayed away and it was snowing horizontally that day!