Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by Cam B Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:31 pm
Not sure who to address this to but... I have applied and paid for Silver racing license with BC. It has not arrived yet. They have emailed me to say:

"Your membership and licence has been processed but is on-hold at the moment due to the club you are a member of have not yet affiliated to us for 2011. As soon as the club is made active on our system your licence will be sent out."

Are the club in the process of affiliating?

thanks

by PhilBixby Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:23 pm
Hi Cam

Yes, this is a c***-up due to BC sending forms out to the club secretary's old address after she'd moved. I spotted this when I tried "Search for a club" and we didn't show up! Forms and payment have been sent in so your licence should be forthcoming pretty swiftly. If it hasn't turned up within a week or so let me know and I'll chase BC.

by Cam B Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:12 pm
Thanks for that Phil..See you at the pub tomorrow night

by Simon Donoghue Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:04 am
I had the same problem - and needed my licence to ride at the MRTL - the only way I could get them to issue it out quickly was to remove the club from my licence. I sent in the payment on 6th Jan and only got the licence last Saturday after chasing it up three times. It seemed that the club affiliation had put my licence on hold and nobody at BC was going to contact me.

by PhilBixby Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:22 pm
I'll follow this up - sorry the problem's happened.

by Virginie Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:10 pm
Sincere apologies to everyone who has been inconvenienced by this.
Phil - let me know if you need any help following this and making sure everyone gets their licence.

Virginie (Secretary)

by Tullio Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:12 pm
Sorry I'm having a 'Blonde' moment.

Last year I got a Silver license and on their website there was something about 'if you're already a member of a BC affiliated Club you subtract the value of the Bronze license'. I also remember it being a bit of a chore proving that Clifton were a BC Club.

I've just had my renewal through and it makes no mention of free Bronze or subtracting it from Silver and the fee is full price. I can't find anything on the BC website either now. Have they dropped the Free Bronze licenses?

by PhilBixby Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:36 pm
I always understood that licences were only free to members of affiliated clubs who were joining BC for the first time...?

by Dan Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:30 pm
I've just had my renewal through and it makes no mention of free Bronze or subtracting it from Silver and the fee is full price. I can't find anything on the BC website either now. Have they dropped the Free Bronze licences?

From memory isn't Bronze Membership only free for the first year?

by PhilBixby Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:13 pm
Update:-

Dear Phil,

The club affiliation for Clifton CC was received 15/02/2011, this has been checked and sent to our finance department for the payment to be processed, once this has been returned from our finance department this will be processed and appear as an active club on the British Cycling Website, this will also release any licence's currently on hold.

Kind Regards,

Jenni Harrison
Membership Administrator

British Cycling, National Cycling Centre, Stuart Street, Manchester, M11 4DQ

by Cam B Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:40 pm
Thanks Phil

by Cam B Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:37 pm
Virginie wrote:Sincere apologies to everyone who has been inconvenienced by this.
Phil - let me know if you need any help following this and making sure everyone gets their licence.

Virginie (Secretary)

Virginie,

I have sent you a PM and email about this. In a nutshell BC said that they have sent my license to our Secretary end of last week?? I have entered race on 13/3 so need it for then should I be offered a ride

many thanks

Cameron

by paulM Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:10 pm
I too have yet to see my licence and was planning to give it an airing on 13/3?
I've never understood why they send them to club secs?

Paul

by PhilBixby Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:48 am
Okay, well they've all just turned up at my place (apologies, have been away for three days so it may have been earlier in the week). If you'd like to email me at roadrace at cliftoncc dot org and let me know whether you'd like me to stick them in the post, or pick them up, or take them with you for a sweaty ride on Saturday, or whatever. Remember to send your address if you want it posting please. The licence heap comprises:-

Chris Cuckson
John Docherty
Paul Musgrave
Cameron Brooks
Nathan Veall
Andrew Johnston
Ann Whyte

If anyone else has applied for BC membership / race licence just email me in advance and let me know what to do with it, so it'll save time. BC seem to send some direct and some via the club - I've no idea what the logic is.

by paulM Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:41 pm
Cheers Phil. Yes its bonkers but I guess the reason they go to club secs is to ensure the licence holders are actually club members but I've had them sent direct in other years. But its hassle for you. Good job you hadnt left the country!
I wouldnt mind but I paid on line and they had my money a month ago. I mean, what you get back isnt that high tech - you have to stick your own photo on it! If you pay on line you should be able to download something straight away just like a receipt. I could source my own bloody plastic wallet!

Cath is also due a BC membership card - I presume you are getting these aswell Phil - now that really is bonkers. I'm assuming of course the 5 year old post interceptor we have hasnt got hold of it first though!