Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by Jess Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:53 pm
Anyone done or planning to do any of these @ croft?
Umming and ahing over various different entry forms & this is one I haven't heard mentioned on here at all.

Just wondering if it might be a good one to have a go at? (or will I be out of my depth?)

ta, J :)

by PhilBixby Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:28 pm
You'd probably be fine in these, Jess - you'll only find out by having a go! Some of us are good at circuit races and some of us (including me) aren't. The Velo29 series is new this year; a few of us did early-season races up at Croft last year though. It's fairly flat and very exposed - good learning ground for positioning in the bunch, if nothing else. Bit early in the year for me - I like to finish races still able to feel my feet....

by Simon Donoghue Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:37 pm
I did one of the Velo 29 races towards the end of last year - very well organised and graded into groups. The main thing at Croft is ensuring you don't lose contact with the bunch - so more about acceleration out of the bends and positioning than fitness. Worth giving it a go and even if you don't hold on for the full distance you should be able to have a good race.
by chester56 Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:33 pm
I did several rides at Croft last year and found them to be tougher than standard road races. They are fast from the start and keeping in touch is vital especially on the departure from bends and corners.

I intend to do a full season at Croft and am happy to chat further to anyone interested

by like my bike Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:26 pm
Jess - Watch this space British Cycling are hoping to run Women's only coaching sessions at Croft in the afternoon of each of the Velo 29 races, with the exception of the last one. More info to follow...

A J

by reubenbarrett Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:00 pm
I am quite interested in going to one or two of these to try it out. I can't do Sat 5th but other dates are free. Could be a bit chilly!

by Jess Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:28 am
like my bike wrote:Jess - Watch this space British Cycling are hoping to run Women's only coaching sessions at Croft in the afternoon of each of the Velo 29 races, with the exception of the last one. More info to follow...

ooo - sounds interesting - will keep my eye out for more info. thx!