Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:09 pm
Hope everyone's gently thawing out now - amazing how balmy three degrees Celsius can feel when you've been subjected to ten below for a fortnight.

To start the ball rolling...

-I'll be otherwise engaged this weekend but have heard mutterings from people feeling In The Mood for a Sunday or Monday ride; if you're up for it then I suggest getting organised on here.

-I said we'd do a pub evening early in the New Year to take a look at the various (BC, LVRC and TLI) race calendars and guide a few shaky hands across some entry forms - or at least work out a few events we could target as a club. How about Brigantes, 7:30pm, Tuesday 4th?

by Cyan Skymoos Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:35 pm
I wouldn't mind a group ride this weekend, I am thinking steady rather than training pace.

Unfortunately for me I'm working tuesday night next week.

by Broom Wagon Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:07 pm
I'd be up for a steady (not training pace) ride some time over the weekend. Haven't done much over the past few weeks so a steady club pace type of ride would be good.

by Allan Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:27 pm
I would be up for a ride on sunday...

by Dr Dave Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:56 am
I intend doing a 'Training Ride' of sorts for 3hrs approx from 9 on Saturday. Not crazy crazy but sensible tempo pace. Company would be nice......

Also would be up for a beer on the Tues. Not sure about racing but the social 'craic' would be fun...

by willhub Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:39 pm
Anyone up for some sort of fastish pace training ride at the weekend like on Sunday like 3-4 hours 60-80 miles?

by dave c Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:56 pm
I intend doing a 'Training Ride' of sorts for 3hrs approx from 9 on Saturday

From the square, I should be there

by Dr Dave Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:59 pm
See you then
by timj Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:41 pm
Hi all
cant make this weekend see you all next week
cheers Timj

pub

by timj Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:48 pm
cant make Tues 4th Phil but i have been looking at the calendar and am going to send some enteries in this week for bc events.can post which ones if anyone wants to know.

by photoBen Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:27 pm
Is there anything happening tomorrow night still, would be good to know what's happening with the training rides etc.

by PhilBixby Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:13 am
I'll be at Brigantes at half seven; will bring along whatever info I have about races for the upcoming year. We can also talk about how you all want the training rides to work and maybe kick around ideas re training beyond the group rides.

by Cam B Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:03 am
I can't make tonite I am afraid. I have entered the EYRRL series and I am keen to do the Seacroft Wheelers RR at end of March - so will be looking to send off an entry for this soon. Would be interested to hear what others are planning.

by JohnS Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:59 am
Guys

Sorry couldn't make it last night. Wondered what were the outcome of your discussions? Looking to try and pull a programme together for events I want to target this year. At the moment looking at probably having a crack at the Tockwith Series and possibly the East Yorks RRL events which then ends up with a pretty heavy programme through May and into June.

Will also definately be doing the Nutcracker MTB events on 24/4, 15/5 and 19/6.

Cam, I had considered the Seacroft Wheelers event on the 27th March but I think it might be a little early for me.

Definately interested on what other events people are looking at or targetting.

Anyone out this Saturday?

Best regards

John

by PhilBixby Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:12 pm
Okay...

...session last night with Richard (H-Ride veteran), Dave C, Muzzy, Ben and me.

General outcomes:-

-Looks like a fair few people have said they will be doing the EYRRL events. Entry is now open, details on the Hull Thursday website. If you want to ride these events (and they're good) then get an entry in NOW. Details about TLI membership aren't yet up on the TLI website but as long as you have a licence by the first race the organiser's happy. This is a very good series for newcomers to racing - you'll be starting in ability groups which means you won't end up straight out the back! Do it!

-The LVRC calendar isn't yet on the web, but a bit of rooting around on the net gives the following likely programme of Yorkshire events:-

2nd April Barton Wheelers Aussie Pursuit
12th June Doncaster Wheelers RR
19th June Tom Simpson Memorial RR
25th June Barton Wheelers Summer RR
26th June or 3rd July Vic Sutton Memorial RR
10th July Clifton RR

There should be a couple of other races in April/May but I can't find any details yet.

BC Events:- Should be a few of us doing Seacroft Wheelers on 27th March and a few doing Bridlington RR on 10th April (at Burton Fleming). Get entries in NOW if you want to do these - they'll fill up fast. Wetwang RR clashes with Scotton 100 so may be fewer Clifton regulars there. Steve Rigby RR on 8th May at Kippax should have a few of us there. No specifics beyond that.

There will probably be quite a few Clifton riders doing the Tockwith series races; a fair few will enter on the night though and treat them as training coupled with a ride out - suggest we just kick off a weekly thread nearer the time to coordinate things.

Hope that all makes sense!