Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:57 pm
I'm posting this in advance because Steve needs to know numbers/menu choices by 28th...

Saturday 4th December is the club's annual ride out lunch; traditionally the weather goes off the scale with hail or lethal ice, or half the riders arrive by car with incurable flu, but this year we may be lucky. For those in the regular training crew who want to do the social seasonal thing as well as getting their weekly fifty in, we could do a pre-lunch training ride - probably the "north" route so we can finish at Flaxton where the Blacksmiths Arms awaits. Usual 9am kick-off.

If you want to do this, please notify Steve (menu and contact details are all in the recent Cliftonite). If you just fancy the ride but not the food, feel free to join us but just keep going when we turn off at Flaxton!

by Dr Dave Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:34 pm
Excellent idea Phil - I've tried to be at the Xmas meal since joining the club so it would be good to get the best of both worlds!

by PhilBixby Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:59 pm
Steve has - sensibly given the fact that I'm looking out at a yard full o' snow and the forecast doesn't show anything particularly positive before the weekend - cancelled the Christmas lunch. Unless it suddenly perks up between now and Saturday, I think we should cancel the training ride too. Check on here nearer the time, but if it's still like this, get the MTB out / get out for a carefully-chosen solo ride if the sun's blazing down / fire up that turbo!

by PhilBixby Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:15 pm
Just to confirm:- training ride (and I gather all other organised group rides) cancelled for tomorrow. Mind how you go if you decide to get out there on your own.
by timj Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:34 pm
Phil
are we going to have another get together to discuss any races we should be entering to try to get a good group in some of them?Or are we going to post the ones we enter on the forum.I know it is a bit early to be talking races but it is also easier to prepare early if we have a bit of structure?cheers Timj

by PhilBixby Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:12 am
Am always happy to turn up at the pub (as long as I'm not on me own like last time!)

Suggest doing a session early in January as soon as the LVRC calendar is out. Stuff's appearing on the BC website already so by then anyone who's serious about sending off some entry forms should be able to work out what they want to target.

I'll be aiming to do most of the events I listed on the previous "races we could target...." thread, plus I've entered the East Yorkshire TLI series. Out of interest, who else is signing up for that? And if not, why not? :wink:
by timj Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:58 am
Phil? Are you entering any bc races yet that are on their website ?

by PhilBixby Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:37 am
Haven't yet - I reckon race organisers deserve some peace up until Christmas (unless they've got domestic reasons for wanting the paperwork done early like the EYRRL fella!)... ...but will certainly get the first bundle fired off pretty soon after Jan 1st..

by Cam B Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:13 am
I have entered EYRRL....Will miss first race but will look to do as many as I can.