Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by PeteN Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:43 pm
Anyone fancy a brisk training ride Saturday?

by MikeG Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:54 am
I'll be out Pete, fine with a later start this week.

Normal 50 mile Malton route, or how about doing a loop out through Wetherby, towards Otley, up over Norwood Edge and back? That would be 60 miles with some fast flat bits, some rollers and some eye popping :shock: climbing?
by timj Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:49 pm
hI ALL
There is a race at Stannington tomorrow if interested BC LICENCE required Entry on line.10 POUNDS only 50 miles.
cheers Timj

by MikeG Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:45 pm
Just two of us and Howard in the square this morning. The training 2 headed out past Wetherby with a loop back in through Tadcaster and Cawood with Howard heading off North for a solo 90.

60 odd miles for us at just under 19.5 on what was a blustery but mostly dry ride. The roads will be covered in grit and salt before long so glad I made the effort to get out before the turbo starts to look more appealing in the freezing months ahead :(

Hope the race went well Tim
by timj Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:32 pm
Hi all
Went to Stannington on sunday hopeful of a strong ride. For 2 laps it stayed together but the wind was always going to affect the outcomeand after the next lap about eight riders got away making for a hard chase we got to about thirty seconds but i blew on the second last climb after chasing at front too long into wind.Lesson learnt after everyone came past.Training wise i think i need to do more at race pace cos when the pace goes up towards the climbs i start to suffer and maybe panick a bit if i stert to loose places.All good experience though and something to take into next season knowing where my strengths and weaknesses are.
cheers Timj