Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:13 pm
I'm becoming very populist - since the session at the pub to talk about training for next year seems to be whipping up more enthusiasm than training rides for this year, let's get a date in the diary. How are Monday nights in people's social diaries, and how does Mon 27th Sept sound? Session will be about people's experiences this year (particularly the race newcomers) and what everyone reckons they need to propel themselves to greater success / new challenges next year. And about drinking, of course. Do we have takers?

by tomf Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:35 am
Stay late enough and I should be back from london village... about 8pm?
tom

by Jess Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:05 pm
Need to get some miles in so probably will do a longer social ride this weekend. Mind you, need to go a bit faster so training ride could be good also

ah, decisions, decisions...

Ultimately though, it will depend on what time I manage to get out of bed & organised in the morning!
by timj Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:43 pm
should be able to make it

by Jess Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:28 pm
Managed to properly cross my wires on this post last night! (too much wine, clearly). :oops:

Previous post relates to training ride.

Regarding the pub - I'll be there! :)

by photoBen Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:54 pm
I'll be there.

by Broom Wagon Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:35 pm
I shall mark it in the diary - hmmm, aways found drinking beer easier than keeping up with the Clifton competitive types.

by Cam B Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:53 pm
I should be able to make this

by Dr Dave Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:57 pm
Bother, can't make 27th. :(

by Simon Donoghue Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:14 am
I should be able to make this.

by JohnS Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:32 pm
Phil,

Still still on for Monday?

When and where (with apologies if it's already been said)?

Hopefully see you then

John

by PhilBixby Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:46 pm
I'll be there at 8:00pm - Brigantes at the top of Micklegate. Will try to nobble a large table for the mass of bodies that are due to attend....

by PhilBixby Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:56 am
About a dozen of us at the pub last night to kick around ideas about training and racing. Much discussion, which plainly illustrated that we're all after subtly different things and all go about it in wildly different ways! But... ...some common ground too and hopefully we can use this forum over the coming weeks to firm up a few definite steps forward.

Definite agreements were:-

-Saturday training ride was A Good Thing (but only as part of a training programme). Use a rota of (say) four routes, flat to rolling, so everyone knows where they're going but it doesn't drive us all mad. I'm happy to coordinate these. Start (say) in about four weeks and meantime people can get out on the social ride or H ride depending on how hard/easy they want it?
-Sunday training ride for people who can't get out on Saturdays and/or who want to pack in the training at weekends. Muzzy to take a lead.
-Weekday evening training ride, Tuesday or Wednesday. Around an hour / ninety minutes on a rota of routes. Start (say) in about four weeks and gradually build up pace over the winter so it's heading up to chaingang pace prior to the start of the race season. Again, Muzzy to take a lead.

Other main agreements were:-

-That we could collectively agree on a number of events across the BC, TLI and LVRC spectrum to target as a club, so we could be sure of having a proper "team" out there. Will kick off a thread below.
-That we should find ways to share experience and help each other. All suggestions on here, please!

by Simon Donoghue Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:03 am
Phil - thanks for organising last night - good to hear other peoples experiences of the year and to discuss a few ideas for next year. A thought that occurred to me as I walked back across York last night - why not see if we couldn't dedicate a couple of pages to the Cliftonite to racing - could hvae a specific focus and maybe vary at different times of the year. Now might be a good time to summarise the experiences from around the club - and maybe next edition focus on training and events to enter - etc. If we have an active cohort of around 10-12 people who are interested that should be enough to create some copy and interest. How about everyone summarising what they said last night and seeing if we could get something in for the 3rd October deadline?

by Cyan Skymoos Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:45 pm
Talking about racing last night made me super keen to get out for a ride today. Perhaps we should have more get togethers.