Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:37 am
Weather forecast seems to have shifted - thankfully - from black cloud with two raindrops to white cloud with peeping sun (and brisk northwesterly). So, 9am training ride on Saturday - will suggest a route heading north and west so we have a tailwind for the final leg, some hills, some flats, all the usual stuff.

I won't be out on the subsequent few Saturdays (will be nursing my legs through the final few races of the season) and would suggest that "preparing for 2011" pub night for sometime late Sept / early Oct so we can work out what everyone reckons would be most useful over the winter.

by photoBen Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:27 pm
Won't be out this week due to work and then away for holidays for a couple of weeks. Up for pub night towards late September, be good to see went right and wrong from this years racing season for different people.

by Broom Wagon Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:39 pm
I will also be up for the pub, I've quit cycling for two or three months, but will be starting training again in September with a view to getting weight off for racing in 2011.

by MikeG Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:02 pm
Out early tomorrow as I need to be back well before lunchtime. Look forward to a pint or two in a few weeks time though :)
by timj Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:11 pm
Phil
I will be out tomorrow .
cheers

by PhilBixby Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:46 pm
A stormer of a training ride this morning. Just me and Tim; we set off out as far as Bossall with the H Ride (Dave, Ian and H Himself) at a brisk pace and then steadily wound it up, taking turns on the front out through Foston, Sheriff, Stillington, Crayke and from Easingwold to Helperby into the teeth of a relentless headwind. The run back through Tollerton brought a tailwind and a cracking pace, ramping the average speed up to a gnat's under 21mph and Normalised Power to 242W. At just under 3hrs, perfect preparation for next weekend's race down at Braithwell; Team Clifton is definitely In The Mood!
by timj Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:40 pm
Phil
Enjoyed the ride out this morning the head wind definately made it more interesting when you have limited recovery with only two of you taking turns.See you on Sunday
cheers Timj