Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by Broom Wagon Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:43 am
Just a suggestion, how about doing the Three Bridges Audax as the training ride this weekend. I'd guess we'd do it in about 5 and a bit hours. It's pretty flat for most of it but it would be good for stamina. Any takers?

by Broom Wagon Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:45 am
I'd guess we'd do it in about 5 and a bit hours
+ stops for drinks and cafe stop?

by Cam B Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:48 am
I have entered Vets race on Sunday at Pock so will give this a miss. Have a good ride

by MikeG Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:13 pm
I think I need to focus on power/sprinting more after last night so I'll stick with something shorter I think :cry:

by nicks Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:18 pm
Sounds good to me.

by Cyan Skymoos Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:19 am
I will be doing the 3 bridges, I don't want to be on the rivet all day but I would like to get back for the Argentina Germany game, so hope to go round with a fairly brisk group.
I will look out for the saturday training or Howard group riders.
by Jess Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:27 pm
Broom Wagon wrote:Just a suggestion, how about doing the Three Bridges Audax as the training ride this weekend. I'd guess we'd do it in about 5 and a bit hours. It's pretty flat for most of it but it would be good for stamina. Any takers?

Eeek! 5 and a bit hours at the pace you guys normally do on a Sat?!

I'd like to be able to walk on Sat evening, so think I'll give this one a miss....

by Cyan Skymoos Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:23 pm
I'm expecting it to be a tad slower than saturday training pace but I could be wrong.

by Broom Wagon Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:22 pm
But Jess, the majority of it's flat, so if we have a biggish group, rolling along at 20 ish is on the cards for a lot of people. I'm hoping for an inclusive, brisk ride. It will be no bother for for you, unless Mr Skymoos starts winding it up a bit to catch the football and in which case we'll all be in trouble. Besides five and a bit hours could be 5.59 plus stops. Come along, it'll be fun and a bit steadier than the usual training ride.

P.S Mike, excuse not acceptable (you could do some sprints along the way if you like :D )

by Andy J Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:34 pm
Do Audax rides not have a max average speed set by the organiser?

by Broom Wagon Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:50 pm
Yes, most organisers leave it at the maximum permissable under Audax regs - 30kph or 18.75mph. In the context of a ten mile TT that doesn't seem much, but make it a 100 or more mile ride with junctions, traffic lights, traffic hold ups, a cafe stop, maybe another stop for drinks; it's not something I'll ever need to worry about and I'm never going to be able to keep up with anyone it would be a problem for.

by Cyan Skymoos Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:57 pm
It said on the piece of paper I was given you had to finish between 2.30 and 8 o'clock. I suppose a 2.30 finish would gaurantee you get a piece of cake.