Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Fri May 21, 2010 7:38 am
Weather looks set very fair for tomorrow and for those of you with a whole day clear it looks like the seaside beckons. For those who want three hours non-stop, how about we do an undulating but not hilly jaunt out via Wetherby - Boroughbridge - Easingwold - Brandsby for a change of scenery. Brisk steady pace, share the work, do some through & off up the old A1. Sunglasses and suntan lotion a must!

by MikeG Fri May 21, 2010 10:19 am
Sounds good Phil, see you tomorrow with my spd sandals on 8)

by Jess Fri May 21, 2010 12:00 pm
Tempted - but you fast lot nearly killed me last weekend. I'm still not sure my legs have recovered! :D

by Broom Wagon Fri May 21, 2010 12:56 pm
I'll be there. Wise to bring sunglasses, not for the sun, but to cut the glare from my white legs which will be out for the first time.

by PhilBixby Fri May 21, 2010 2:29 pm
Come on Jess:- Broomwagon's knees. How can you resist??

by JohnS Fri May 21, 2010 4:10 pm
Sorry guys won't be joining you this week. Mountain bike race on Sunday so I will be taking it easy on Saturday.

Have fun!

John
by timj Fri May 21, 2010 7:21 pm
Hi all
i ll be there tomorrow.
cheers Timj

by PhilBixby Sat May 22, 2010 3:16 pm
A good ride this morning, with a group of eight setting out under blue skies. 62 miles at just under 20mph average including some very tidy through-and-off up the A168 to Boroughbridge and round the Milby TLI circuit. Good riding, folks!

by Cam B Mon May 24, 2010 3:56 pm
Thanks to Phil for leading this Sat. training ride. The initial thru and off seemed deceptively easy compared to how gut wrenchingly hard it was on the second stint after Boroughbridge. I am sure this is excellent race preparation.

by MikeG Mon May 24, 2010 4:09 pm
I didn't see much sign of you finding anything difficult Cam, especially when the road turns upwards - that must be some race-face you've got there!