Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:34 am
Collective forecasting skills of the Met Office website and Metcheck predict chilly with showers for tomorrow, so it sounds like a day for keeping it moving briskly at a steady pace. Suggested route is up to the Milby TLI circuit near Boroughbridge for a bit of work on those fast group riding skills. 9am start.

by Cyan Skymoos Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:29 pm
I will be out Phil, hope to see a good turnout

by PhilBixby Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:15 pm
Good session this morning, despite the cold rain, and water all over the roads. Six out on the training ride, including a brave newcomer (Andrew). General view seemed to be that the best way to avoid freezing anything off was to go as fast as possible. So, a no-messing ride from the city limits up to Boroughbridge and a lap of the Milby TLI circuit (average speed for that lot:- 22.1mph) was followed by a just-slightly more relaxed run back which was, of course when the rain stopped and the sun came out. Some very tidy close riding, Normalised Power for the whole thing 220W, and an afternoon of bike cleaning ahead...

by Cyan Skymoos Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:28 pm
22mph average is a proper training ride in my book, and its nice to start seeing a real difference in intensity between the cafe runs and training rides.

Everyone seems to know what they're doing and it felt safe.

When I got back to Sherburn I was informed that it had been lovely all day with lots of sunshine. Marvellous!

by morri Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:38 pm
Thanks for welcoming me on this ride. Sorry I had to say goodbye the 30 mile mark, but it has been about six months since I've been on a group ride as fast as that.

by PhilBixby Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:24 pm
It's probably six months since most of us have been on one like that! Given the format of it, it was all rather chat-free, which isn't always the case. Hope to see you out on another club ride soon, and hopefully next time we won't all be fending off hypothermia.