Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:50 am
There will be a training ride on Saturday, 9:00am prompt start in Exhibition Square. Route to suit weather - forecast is for around 4 degrees, possible sleet/snow overnight, usual UK winter stuff - so it may be another flatter, grittier ride. Aim is a steady ride as a group, with a lap or two of a circuit at something like "chaingang pace" and an opportunity for people to split off and head home if conditions are really grim.

by Ed Hinton Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:09 pm
Hi Phil

Going to join you all for the training ride tomorrow. Will probably have to take the head for home early option which I shall of course blame on the weather being grim, despite the fact it'll have more to do with a distinct lack of riding in the last couple of months!

Ed
by timj Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:02 pm
Phil
any idea of route tomorrow cos cant get into town.
cheers

by PhilBixby Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:13 am
Hi Tim

In view of thick frost on roofs around here was planning on York - Tockwith - Wetherby - up the A168 and a couple of laps of one of the TLI circuits - probably the Aldborough one - and return. Mainly flat, bit lumpier for the circuits, tailwind for return leg. Not pretty, but gets the job done. Hope to see you en route as before.

by PhilBixby Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:07 pm
A steady 58-odd miles in a little over 3hrs for the training ride gang today. Eight of us plus Cath & Claire who peeled off around the halfway mark, with Cath sporting a nasty-sounding cough, and Craig Gath who headed off to do some solo intervals. The rest of us did a couple of laps of the lumpy Aldborough circuit used on the Tuesday night TLI's and returned via Ouseburn etc. It lacked the drama of the Malton / Terrington circuit but there was enough ice on the roads on the outward leg to make me, for one, glad that we'd taken the safe option.

Just realised I've got the Neil White Memorial RR next Sunday so won't be wanting a 3hr hammering on Saturday; Broomwagon - are you happy to take up the maps and charts again?

by Broom Wagon Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:10 pm
These training rides are just the job for me. Two more months of these and half a stone off and I'll be fit for the TLIs. Phil, I'd be delighted to lead next weeks, I'm sure I can sort a route out, unless of course someone else would like to step up to the mantel of leadership?