Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:08 pm
...Team Clifton is now confirmed as:-

Ian Hagyard
Tim Jackson
Steve Roebuck
Paul Bennett
Tom Fleming
Richard Arthur
Mark Ivkovic
Dave Cook
Jonathan Moore
Will Kaye
Phil Bixby

We are, apparently, the largest club entry, so come on folks, lets be looking at some silverware this year eh?!?

by PhilBixby Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:03 pm
A further update re the Chevin series:-

Information on the series is being moved to the Airedale Olympic website at http://www.airedale-olympic.org.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&layout=blog&id=8&Itemid=62 and the old website will eventually close down. Please re-bookmark it on your browser.

The organisers have changed the marshalling requirement to make it fairer to all: all competitors are expected to marshal one event; you can no longer get your friend, your wife/husband or your dog to marshal on your behalf. Riders will be asked to sign up at an early stage to which race they're going to marshal and then stick to it (or take responsibility for swapping with someone if they need to change).

Cliff has asked if Clifton riders would like to volunteer to marshal the first event on the Walshford circuit. This is probably the least exciting of the circuits to ride (straight up and down the A168) and marshalling it gets you an extra two weeks training before hostilities commence :wink: . If you'd like to, post on here within the next week and I'll pass on a list of names to the organisers. They're after a total of ten marshals(!) but there's no pressure to do it - he's just giving us first choice as long-time supporters of the series.

Lastly, the series is currently full. Requests are being made to the police to increase the size of the field but on the basis of current agreements, no further entries will be accepted.

by Benny Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:56 pm
Phil,
I wont be able to marshall at the first round, on my honeymoon!!! Will have to put my name down for another event. Paul Bennett

by dave c Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:08 pm
Hi Phil

Yes I could marshall on 1st event Walshford.

Am away for next one, so 1st Chevin race for me would then be 25th May Kirby Hill.

Cheers

Dave

by IanH Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:04 pm
Hi Phil

Same goes for me, I will marshall the 1st one too.

Ian H

by Broom Wagon Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:25 pm
Phil,

Suits me to marshall this one too. It gets marshalling duty out of the way, and 40-50 cyclists barrelling to that last roundabout at 35mph is for braver sorts than I.

tli

by timj Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:33 pm
Phil
Ican do the marshalling then also
Timj

by PhilBixby Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:45 am
Thanks folks - list passed on to organisers. Up to the rest of you to ride it and get some placings. No pressure.... :wink: