Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by Broom Wagon Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:44 pm
Ok, I appreciate the irony of this - the weakest rider leading the training ride, but as no-one else has stuck their head above the parapet and a ride is better if someone leads it, I'll do it in Phil's absence.

Suggested route: http://bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=103048

Excuse the amateurish map.

We could do a couple of laps of what is known as the newbie chaingang circuit at race pace on the way back into York.

Hopefully all of the above is acceptable?

by paulM Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:23 pm
Good shout Steve - the route out you've chosen should be on gritted roads as its supposed to be icy first thing. Dont worry about being the weakest although I'm sure it isn't true. But perhaps you should have kept the route to yourself and you'd be sure not to be dropped - always works for me!

by PhilBixby Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:19 pm
Thanks Steve, and good choice of route. I called in to Bob Trotters this morning to drop a race flyer in and the guvnor had one side of his face various shades of purple and lots of stitches in his eyebrow - off on black ice on his way to work this morning. Even when the sun's shining it can be treacherous out there!

Have a good ride...

by Dan Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:19 pm
Don't worry about being the weakest rider Steve that honour will go to me! Looks a good route.

by Chris T Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:26 pm
Hands off, that 'honour' is mine! Unless it's even icier than this morning in which case it's all yours as I'll wimp out...again.

by Broom Wagon Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:04 pm
Thanks chaps. The main thing will be to get around without anyone falling off given the forecast. Same goes for you Phil, good luck, I don't know how early Croft starts but I don't envy you racing in weather like this.

Paul, maybe I should have kept the route to myself, but I will just use my usual strategy of sucking wheels as much as I can and then throwing my teddy out of the cot when I get dropped on the rises, it works sometimes :lol:

Chris and Dan, we shall see. If I get dropped, well that's pretty much my look out, I will keep plodding on, on my own if necessary. If someone else goes off instead of me I shall ask people to ease up a bit, it's fairly flatish so we should be able to stay together for most of it anyway. Given the way the roads could be in the morning it might be a bit steady for the first hour or so anyway.

See you tomorrow.