Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:41 pm
Despite typing this with snow on the ground outside and a bit of a "what did we do to deserve this?" mood, there will (almost certainly) be a training ride on Saturday. Metcheck reckon on 3c or something like that and no further snow between now and then. If it's all thawed and the temperatures are okay we'll do the "usual" Malton / Terrington route and if not then I'll plan an alternative flatter safer route. We'll get more useful training from sixty swift miles on the flat than three hours teetering around on dodgy roads. Check back on here last thing just in case the forecast is horribly wrong. All being well, 9:00am at Exhibition Square, and prompt departure...

by PhilBixby Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:46 am
Update:- Forecast is for rain and possibly snow on the hills tonight, and then settling into fog and zero degrees at 9am tomorrow. So, it'll almost certainly be another "flatter, safer" route, and if you've got a rear light, fit it!
by timj Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:38 pm
Phil
what route will it be tomorrow?

by PhilBixby Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:19 pm
Hi Tim

Am planning on York - Tockwith - Tadcaster - out to circuit used for Steve Rigby RR and others near Kippax - Sherburn - Cawood - home.
by timj Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:06 am
Cheers Phil see you in square

by PhilBixby Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:59 am
About ten riders turned up for a rather soggy training ride yesterday in steady fog which never got above 4 degrees. We rolled briskly out through Tockwith and Tadcaster and did a lap of the circuit near Kippax which is used for a variety of BC races. Despite mudguards/mudflaps everyone ended up looking very "Paris-Roubaix". It got a bit fragmented on the return leg as one rider dropped off the back and missed a turning; I went back and retrieved him while Muzzy piloted the main bunch home for just over 60 miles of warm-up for the Reliability....

by Roo Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:04 pm
route and stats from Saturdays ride, plus another KM or so as battery ran out just before finishing. Still sussing out how to get this thing to display miles and not KM's when I post a route up here.

http://sportstracker.nokia.com/nts/work ... id=2045415

Again enjoyed the ride despite the state of the roads and returning to find rear mudguard snapped clean in two..... a mystery indeed.

by Dr Dave Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:49 pm
PhilBixby wrote:About ten riders turned up for a rather soggy training ride yesterday in steady fog which never got above 4 degrees. We rolled briskly out through Tockwith and Tadcaster and did a lap of the circuit near Kippax which is used for a variety of BC races. Despite mudguards/mudflaps everyone ended up looking very "Paris-Roubaix". It got a bit fragmented on the return leg as one rider dropped off the back and missed a turning; I went back and retrieved him while Muzzy piloted the main bunch home for just over 60 miles of warm-up for the Reliability....

Glad you both got back OK!