Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:18 pm
As per the weekly e-update, we'll have a training ride leaving Exhibition Square promptly at 9:00 on Saturday.

Hopefully this week should see slightly more benign weather than last week's horrors, but I'm still keeping options open on the route in order to avoid icy roads. Forecast is for zero degrees overnight and rising to five during the day. We'll either:-

...do the suggested "regular" route out to Malton and back via Terrington with a lap of the "10" circuit for some through-and-off, or if there's any hint of dodginess on the roads we'll...
...do a flatter route up through Helperby and do a lap of a couple of the Boroughbridge TLI circuits so people know their way round them come April.

Aim, like last week, will be to keep it steady and ride as a group at a pace that everyone can cope with. 3hrs approx, 50-60 miles.

by lugster77 Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:23 pm
am working the next few weekends unfortunately :roll:

by dave c Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:25 pm
Hi Phil

Can't do Sat so will be doing training ride on Sunday

Dave

by photoBen Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:51 pm
I'm in for Saturday this week.

by Roo Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:36 am
can't do this Saturday so am planning to get out on Sundays ride. Should be back to Saturdays next week.

Andrew

by scrumpydave Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:41 pm
I'll be down tomorrow for my first training ride. Hope the weather improves!

Dave

by Dan Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:31 pm
I hoping to be out tomorrow, have dusted the cobwebs of my bike this afternoon so all ready!

by PhilBixby Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:50 pm
A good training ride this morning. About a dozen riders, dry and relatively mild weather and only a few bits of flooded road and some truly humongous potholes to contend with. We did the "traditional" Clifton training route out to Malton and back via Coneysthorpe and Terrington, with an extra loop of the Flat 10 circuit to practice proper pace-line riding.

52 miles in just under 3hrs, Normalised Power at 204W. The group split into two on the climb through Terrington but otherwise stuck together and worked well - many thanks to everyone who was out.

by Dan Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:53 pm
Was a good ride this morning but the climb through Terrington finished me off and I couldn't quite manage the lap of the TT circuit.

Not really touched the road bike since October as this shows with my fitness! Hope to be out next Saturday though!