Clifton CC Discussion Board

Shift that old kit, or those un-wanted presents, or see if anyone else has something you're looking for.

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:25 pm
After having a succession of bikes stolen from a variety of locations around York, Caroline's daughter is after a cheap runabout to get around town on. Size medium-ish, in working order, cosmetics immaterial. Budget as little as possible, £75 is probably top end of it.

If you've got anything not too nasty lurking in the woodshed, let me know and I'll put her in touch with you.

Thanks folks!

by PhilBixby Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:12 pm
She knows about it - problem is their weird opening hours and actually getting there!

Thanks tho!
Phil

by Dr Dave Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:53 pm
Hi Phil

We have a medium sized ladies Peugeot circa 1989. 10 speed early indexing gears. It needs 2 new tyres (25mm if I remember correctly) and a jolly good clean/service/fettle but was a good runner in it's day.

If it fits the bill you're more than welcome to it!

by MarkA Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:18 am
And i can help you out with the 25mm tyres - if bikes of that vintage were 700c?

Not sure they were though

by PhilBixby Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:48 am
Many thanks for all offers on here and by PMs.

Helen spotted a cheap Dawes hybrid and bought it earlier this week. Later that same day, she found her previous, stolen bike, locked up in town where it had been stolen! She got the police out and got it unlocked, so now has two bikes! Sadly the stolen one had had a bit of a hard time, but it's repairable. At least she's got a spare for when the next one gets nicked...