Clifton CC Discussion Board

Shift that old kit, or those un-wanted presents, or see if anyone else has something you're looking for.

Moderator: Moderators

by MarkL Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:40 pm
FOR SALE

It’s news to me but apparently I’m now running a one in/one out system for my bikes! As such, I am selling the following;

Orbea Ora, size 54cm, in very good condition.

This is a full carbon-framed bike from the renowned Spanish manufacturers. (Euskatel Euskadi and Sammy Sanchez won gold at the 2008 Olympics on an Orbea)

This has Ultegra mechs, front and rear, Ultegra brakes and Dura Ace shifters, all in 10-speed. I changed the chainset from the original Zeus to FSA. I then added a 53-tooth Rotor Q-ring.

I have changed the front end to a full carbon Planet X set-up, base bars and J-bend extensions. The height of the pads can be changed with shims from Planet X. The saddle is an ISM Adamo Time Trial. The seat stem has two positions for tri or TTing, to alter the seatpost angle. I do triathlons, so it is in the 78° position. (TTing is a little more relaxed).

The wheels that are currently on the bike are carbon Planet X tubs, 10-speed disc rear and 82mm deep section front.

I’m not the fastest of riders, too old and/or lazy for that but this bike did take me to a 1:04 bike split for an Olympic tri and a 2:12 for a middle distance split, so in the right legs, this could be a fast bike.

I’m looking for £850 with the Planet X wheels, or £600 for a set of Mavic alloy wheels. It can be collected from York, or I would post in a LBS bike box. I’m sorry but the pedals are not included in the sale.

Pictures can be viewed here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/144174494@N03/

Any further questions, please email me at laughton.mr@gmail.com