Clifton CC Discussion Board

Shift that old kit, or those un-wanted presents, or see if anyone else has something you're looking for.

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:21 am
After a couple of years' very limited use as my "winter bike" I've decided it's time to do the sensible thing*** and sell it, in the hope that someone might like to put it to the use for which it was intended - namely going fast. It's a 2009 model - frame, fork, headset (plus 10cm 3T stem and 42cm Ergosum bars), aero seatpost, 54cm size (full geometry info here:- http://www.cervelo.com/en/support/products.html). Headset has a tall top cap and steerer has a 10mm spacer so there's still some adjustability. It's got a Hope SRAM MegaExo BB but I'll throw in a BB tool for its removal, and I'll also throw in a second seatpost with reversed head - the cunning Cervelo arrangement for making the bike work well with aerobars for TT use.
I rode and raced it for three years so it's got the usual very minor scuffs and wear-points and while I've fallen off it a couple of times it's never been crashed. It's still, I think, a very pretty frame and one of the nicest colour schemes Cervelo did. An aero frame but a good all-rounder - Thor Hushovd won Het Nieuwsblad on one.
I've no idea what secondhand frames go for these days but from a quick check of other stuff sold on the forum, how about £200?

*** No I'm not getting a winter Ribble - I'm sorting out winter wheels for my S5 so I can ride it year-round. We don't seem to get proper winters and I don't seem to do group rides so who needs mudguards? :D