Clifton CC Discussion Board

Shift that old kit, or those un-wanted presents, or see if anyone else has something you're looking for.

Moderator: Moderators

by Kluens Wed May 06, 2015 11:15 am
IMG_8358.jpg
IMG_8358.jpg (215.54 KiB) Viewed 3469 times

2012 (bought Jan 2013) Giant Defy 1 - Triple.

Sized 'M/L' - 53.5cm

This if for sale as i've bought a new bike.

This was my first road bike and it has been a pleasure to own and ride. As the reviews below attest this is (still) one of the best £1000 bikes on the market. I've found it to be very comfortable and responsive on rides from a quick spin to over 200km. Bike has lived indoors its entire life. Other than usual signs of use the condition is excellent, I can find one small chip in the paint - otherwise is mark free and has never been crashed.

As this is a ‘triple groupset’ it has 3 chain rings at the front giving more gear options, so is ideal for a newcomer to cycling, or for use as an ultra light tourer (with the addition of a seat post clamp with rack mounts, this has rear mounts already attached to the frame), this is also an excellent bike for an experienced cyclist looking to upgrade.
I’ve done about 5000km a year average on this since i’ve had it, it has been serviced every 6 months or so by Cycle Street, York. Last service it had new brake pads, Shimano chain and a rear cassette.

The 105 brake/gear levers were replaced about 8 months ago under a warranty issue and as such have the remainder of their 2 warranty left with Cycle Street, the new ones have been trouble free!

Campag wheels are 7 months old and have done little distance, maybe 1500km, are as new.

Auction includes as pictured: 2012 Giant Defy 1, Shimano 105 groupset, 2 x Bontrager carbon bottle cages, front and rear Continental Gatorskin tyres (23mm (few months old, lots of life)) with Continental Race inner tubes (never punctured), Fizik Arione R7 saddle.

Not pictured: Crud Race 2 mud guards (with all attachments).
I have the original Giant PR2 wheels and can sell the bike with these instead of the Campagnolo wheels if desired.

Inbox / email for links to parts / reviews / full spec.

No pedals are included.

Based in York city Centre.

£550.