Clifton CC Discussion Board

Shift that old kit, or those un-wanted presents, or see if anyone else has something you're looking for.

Moderator: Moderators

by nickb Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:08 pm
im after an old road bike/hybrid bike to make a commuting bike for my girlfriend as she's a poor student and her mtb is far too nice to lock up anywhere. needs to be 52cm ish (she's 5'6") Anything will be considered really, just something to put some flat bars on and wont stand out locked up to a lamp post in town.

by Rob Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:40 pm
Hi Nick,

After my recent experiences botching together a commuter, I can recomend York Bike Rescue as a good source. Phil put me on to them. Its on Terry Avenue and open from 3-8 on Thursdays. Its a not-for-profit set up and as far as I can make out they "rescue" bikes from skips and unclaimed stolens and teach teenagers to do them up. For £50 you'll find something servicable and modify it to your requirements.

Rob

by nickb Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:35 pm
Not so long ago i stopped by the ind estate where it's supposed to be but there was no sign of anything to do with bike rescue so i went home! It was on a thurs eve too. Do you know if im in the right place? just before the caravan park down by the river? If so ill try again.

by Rob Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:20 pm
Yep, that's the place. There's a sort of open concrete area then the BR is up a step ladder and through a hatch (I kid you not!) Its an experience not to be missed!
R

by Arthur Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:30 pm
Best ring first. It's often closed at odd times.

by nickb Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:11 pm
Ok!..... i shall check it out again! Thanks!