Clifton CC Discussion Board

Shift that old kit, or those un-wanted presents, or see if anyone else has something you're looking for.

Moderator: Moderators

by Tullio Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:04 pm
1 set RST Mozo Pro suspension forks. Circa 1997. Good condition, 1 1/8 steerer, 3.5" (ish) of travel. Canti & Disk mounts. FREE!

1 pair Mavic pursuit bars in grey. V light, previously used as Tandem stoker bars. Clamp area measures 26.1mm (?) which seems the same as 3TTT bars/stems from same era (c.1994). FREE!

I've also got boxes of front & rear mech parts, chainsets, some odd wheels etc which might be useful for someone building up a winter/spare/kids bikes. Life's too short to get it all out and catalogue it here but if you're looking for something let me know.

by Rob Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:31 am
Hi Paul,

It's a long shot, but I'm hunting for a deep drop rear brake caliper. Even one of those really old centre-pull contraptions would do. I have an old frame I'm renovating that was built for 27" wheels, but I'm putting 700c ones. CTC rally drew a blank.

R

by Dave B Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:42 am
Rob,

I think my Dad has a pair of old Weinmann 610 "Vainqueur" centre-pulls - designed for 27" wheels - lurking surplus to requirements in the garden shed somewhere. I could ask him to do a bit of rummaging at the weekend, and hopefully come up with the rear one at least.

Dave B

by Rob Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:03 pm
Thanks Dave, that'd be great.
R

by Tullio Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:39 pm
I can do you a nice set of Shimano 600's (BR 6403).

Not sure if they're deep enough drop for you though. It's got 'max49-39min' stamped on them.

I thought I had a set of RX100's, which are deeper, but a brief rummage has drawn a blank.

by Dave B Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:11 am
Rob,

Re. those Weinmanns - Dad definitely has the calipers, it's just that some of the fiddly bits (cable clamps/stops/guides) might be missing, but modern equivalents designed for cantilevers should do the job just as well.

Dave B.

by Rob Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:19 am
Thanks Guys,

I think I really need 57mm drop or greater. Hopefully I can sort the "fiddly bits" out!

Cheers

Rob

by Dave B Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:25 am
Sorry Rob - Dad had a sort-out last night, to no avail.

Dave B.

by Arthur Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:34 pm
I used a pair of Alhonga deep drop dual pivots for exactly this purpose and they work fine. Cheap as well.

by Rob Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:38 am
Thanks for all your help guys.
May have to go SJS as a last resort, but the complete brakes are more than I paid for the frame!!

by Dave B Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:12 am
Spa Cycles have the Alhonga deep-drop dual pivot calipers at £21 a pair, which works out about four or five quid cheaper than SJS if you pop over to Harrogate and buy them in person at the shop. They may also have alternatives to recommend which don't feature on their website.

Dave B

by Dave B Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:41 am
Paul,

Just wondering what bits you have left to shift since your original post. I'm after a few odds & ends for a commuting/training bike, namely;

- Brake calipers, short reach/allen key fit.
- Triple chainset (or a double that takes a 36T inner such as the old Stronglight ones)
- Reasonable pair of wheels (700c alloy clincher, q/r hubs), rear to suit a 6sp. screw-on freewheel

Drop me a line if you've anything that might suit.

Many thanks,
Dave B

by Tullio Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:42 pm
sent pm