Clifton CC Discussion Board

Shift that old kit, or those un-wanted presents, or see if anyone else has something you're looking for.

Moderator: Moderators

by Mr_Striped_Hat Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:59 pm
For Sale

Planet X SL Carbon Pro - White Frame, black Planet X carbon fork.
Medium Size. Full Ultegra 6700 compact group set.

Almost complete bike meaning, frame, fork, seatpost, stem, bars (and bartape :) ), full groupset, plus some Shimano RS10 wheels. Basically it doesn't have a saddle, pedals, tyres or tubes.
It has been sat in the hallway at home for a year now unridden (due to riding the other bikes) so I've dusted it down and it's time to pass it on to someone who will ride it.
Darn decent condition, never knocked, banged, smashed or crashed.

I notice a black one went fairly recently on here for around the £800 mark (admittedly it had tyres :) )

I just want the space in the hall again. (When I say "I" you all know I actually mean "her indoors").

So looking to sell for £500. Live in centre of York so easy to pick up.
Last edited by Mr_Striped_Hat on Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Mr_Striped_Hat Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:55 pm
By request here are a few images of said bike.

Plus a quick spec list-

Planet X SL Carbon Pro White Medium Frame With matching full carbon Planet X fork in black. Purchased Feb 2011.

Full Ultegra 6700 Groupset. Used but still runs lovely. A few scuffs on the crank arms from shoes, plus a scratch on the back of one from a trapped chain way back when.

Planet X seatpost - Aluminium and super long due to the compact frame design. Black with chrome clamp. Few scuffs from having the saddle / seat post bag attached.

Richey WCS 4 axis Stem - Wet black finish. I think it's 110.

Cinelli bars, I think they're 42. They're the ergo flatter top kind with nice not so deep drop. Meaning you spend more time on the drops without suffering from back pain for the next two days.

Shimano RS10 wheelset, black. Front is true, rear has a little up/down spot (half cm) but runs straight.

Looking at my lovely iphone images most if not all the little marks are actually oil or dust. The Cranks have a few scratches, and the frame has a few too but the old cable rub stickers got put on and chain guard one on the chain stay as soon as I got the bike so those areas are protected.

Oooh look, I've left a carbon bottle holder on too. So that's in the mix too.

by Dr Dave Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:50 pm
You can't sell for only £500 Mark, it's worth more than that surely. If I had a use for it I'd buy it at that price in an instant!

by aw712 Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:11 pm
Very interested, have sent a PM!
by Mr_Striped_Hat Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:48 pm
BIKE SOLD

I wish Alex many happy miles, may the roads be smooth and the wind favourable.

Dr Dave - Yeah I figured that I'd pass on a bargain to someone who would get many more happy miles out of her. Plus German cameras cost lots of money when they go back to Solms for repair . . . . :(