Clifton CC Discussion Board

Shift that old kit, or those un-wanted presents, or see if anyone else has something you're looking for.

Moderator: Moderators

by Kit Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:42 pm
I'm selling my 2012 race bike, a Specialized Tarmac Pro SL4 equipped with a Sram Red groupset. I've had it from new since February 2012 and raced it all season in all weathers (but mostly rain) and trained on it too. It has a small number of stone chips to the paintwork, all superficial.

The spec is as here: http://www.specializedconceptstore.co.uk/detail/12tarmac/tarmac/tarmac%20sl4%20pro%20sram%20red/ except the chainset is Sram Red 53-39 with 175mm cranks; the front mech is Ultegra (because it works better); the saddle is a Planet X one (similar to Fizik Arione).

The wheels haven't been used much for racing, and the rear wheel not even used for training (I used my Powertap wheel instead). The Cassette is also barely used and the chain, BB and headset have been recently replaced. The bike has been well looked after for the 7 months I've been using it.

This bike is definitely the best bike I've ever ridden - stiff under power and comfortable over long distance (it is a race bike though, I won't claim it's an armchair ride). The handling feels excellent in corners and it's been really stable in all the crit races I've used it in.

Size is 56cm with a 120mm stem, it fits me at 184cm. Don't know what it weighs but it's light - probably under 6.8kg with posh race wheels in.

RRP £4000 hence £2000 no offers. kitgilham at gmail dot com if you'd like to see pictures or arrange a viewing.