Clifton CC Discussion Board

Shift that old kit, or those un-wanted presents, or see if anyone else has something you're looking for.

Moderator: Moderators

by Cyan Skymoos Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:43 pm
I'm going to sell my very nice Trek, if anyone is interested in getting a top end machine for half the cost of a new one.
Most of you have seen it, it's black/yellow/white with Sram Red(yellow) groupset apart from the chainset/cassette which is Dura Ace. The finishing kit is all top end and the wheels are DT Swiss RRC46. The wheels alone cost maybe £1700 a pair.

I bought the frame from those nice guys at cycleworks last summer(2011) and done a season and half on it. It's got the odd scuff, stone chip and scratch here and there and the cranks are a bit heel scuffed. But that's about it, loads of life left in the drive chain and all bearings are top quality and recently changed.
I doubt I've ever put more than 300 watts through the crank :) and it's never slid down the road. You'd be getting the real deal here.

Size 56 I'm 5 10" and fits me like a glove would probably be ok for someone an inch either side of that. It's the H1 geometry with plenty of uncut steerer.

In no rush to sell, just putting it out there, and would be prepared to break up if someone just want frame/wheels etc.

07728035040, or I can email pics if you're interested, inspection/ test ride welcome.

by AndyM Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:19 pm
Are the wheels clinchers or tubs? :)

by PhilBixby Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:36 pm
"I doubt I've ever put more than 300 watts through the crank.."

I doubt you've regularly put much less than 300W through it. But it's a very pretty bike - hope it finds a good home within the club!

by Cyan Skymoos Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:43 pm
Hi Andy

Clinchers. Front is RRC46 600F. Rear is RRC46 700R.

The 46 is the rim height the 600/700 is the weight of the wheels. 1300gms for a pair of deep rim carbon clinchers is as light as they come and DT Swiss are solid. They're not the very latest 2013 Di cut RRC version.

by Cyan Skymoos Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:46 pm
Ok Phil lets say its "race proven", but very well maintained.

by AndyM Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:08 pm
Sent you a message Darren :)

by Melly Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:22 pm
Darren, if you end pulling it to bits, i might be interested in the Crankset/chainset, details please if you do.
Cheers Simon