Clifton CC Discussion Board

Shift that old kit, or those un-wanted presents, or see if anyone else has something you're looking for.

Moderator: Moderators

by mikeh Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:13 pm
Wanted for a winter project: An early 1960's road bike either the whole bike or frame. 1964 would be the ideal year. Size wise? In old money, a 21in frame would be ideal.

by SteveW Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:56 pm
Hi Ian,

I don't have a 1960's road bike, but do have a 1980 Dawes Imperial road bike for sale, with full Campagnolo groupset, recently refurbished and in excellent condition. I appreciate it's not from the era you're after... Let me know if you're interested and I'll let you have some more details.

Regards, Steve

by Speeddemon Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:05 pm
SteveW wrote:Hi Ian,

I don't have a 1960's road bike, but do have a 1980 Dawes Imperial road bike for sale, with full Campagnolo groupset, recently refurbished and in excellent condition. I appreciate it's not from the era you're after... Let me know if you're interested and I'll let you have some more details.

Regards, Steve

I am very interest can you send me some pics and details

by mikeh Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:34 pm
Thanks Steve for the photos. The bike looks a beauty, but thanks to Melly I got hold of a 1957 Carpenter which will keep me busy rebuilding over the winter. Whoever gets hold of the Dawes will get a lovely bike.