Clifton CC Discussion Board

Shift that old kit, or those un-wanted presents, or see if anyone else has something you're looking for.

Moderator: Moderators

by nigelt Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:05 am
Given my recent activities with Phil B's Racing and Training group the time has come, after 20 years of MTBing, to recognise that I am now officially a former mountain biker :( .

As such I'm looking to sell my On-One Inbred 29er to a good home, as it's been hanging in the garage for months and needs to get out more!

The spec is-

On-one Inbred 29er frame,size 18.5", colour Sand
White Bros 29er 100ml Suspension forks
Avid Juicy 5 hydraulic disk brakes 185 front / 160 rear
Wheels- Mavic 719 29er rims / DT Swiss spokes, Front Hub Hope Pro 2, Rear Shimano Alfine 8-speed
Chris King No Threadset
FSA XC115 Alloy Stem
FSA K-Force carbon Bars
Deore XT Cranks on external XT BB
WTB Exiwolf tyres

The bike was custom built by Don Skene Cycles in 2009 (I have the original build receipt) and cost £1200 new.

I paid £1000 for it two years ago. It is still in really good condition. If anyone is interested and wants to see the condition I have loads of photos, I just don't know how to load them onto the forum!

In addition to the Alfine hub (all the benefits of a SS, but with GEARS!) I have a 26" rear wheel with SS hub so it can be converted to a 69er if that floats your boat).

I will also throw in a pair of Kenda Small-Block 8 29" tyres, still in good condition, a cateye strada wireless computer and a front and rear crud-catcher.

I would be looking to get £700-750 for the bike on ebay, however as I won't have to pay charges on here, I would be willing to take £650 for it. It really is in excellent condition.

If you are interested either PM me or email me at nigeltottie@talktalk.net

Regards

Nigel Tottie

by Dr Dave Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:33 pm
Excuse my ignorance but what height rider would this suit?

by nigelt Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:00 am
18.5" equates to frame size 'large' for most manufacturers. I'm 6'1 and it's perfect for me with a good bit of seatpost length. It should suit anyone from about 5'9 to 6'2 :D. Let me know if you want to have a look at it...

by Dr Dave Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:02 pm
Thinking of my son but he's way smaller than that :(