Clifton CC Discussion Board

Shift that old kit, or those un-wanted presents, or see if anyone else has something you're looking for.

Moderator: Moderators

by BigRinger Wed May 23, 2012 12:03 am
As title says I'm selling this full bike as I'd like a new pc & a garmin bikenav this summer so several of my bikes and parts will be coming up forsale in the next few days.

I built this up as a nice quite light and quick medium travel bike designed as an aggressive cross country/all mountain hardtail.

Components spec, price & pics are at the bottom of the page if your not interested in the detailed service it had last week. I like to be as thorough and detailed as can be when making ads so sorry for all the writing!

The frame is 15" in size so inbetween a medium & small size, I'm 5foot7 and it fits me perfect with plenty of room for the seatpost to be extended or reduced without exceeding the minimum limit marks.

Last week the whole bike had a thorough full strip down service to have it in tip top working order and new parts fitted where recommended including -

Simple Fork service (strip down, seals & wipers cleaned & re-lubed, internal & external clean & new oil refill). Stantions are clean, scratch free & leak free.

Headset strip down, cleaned, new bearings fitted & regreased

Bottom Bracket strip down, frame bb threads cleaned & regreased, bb cleaned and greased around seals to keep dirt & elements at bay.

New deore 11-32t cassette fitted - chain is a dura-ace/xtr 9spd and is due replacing within the next 100 dry miles I think so recommend changing soon or now to keep the new cassette from wearing with the chain.

Crankset chainrings were new 50miles ago so they are in nice condition with minimal wear.

Tyres were replaced 50miles ago with tioga factory 1.95/2.1" aggressive xc tyres front and rear which work brilliant & have barely any wear. New innertubes also fitted.

New Selle royal saddle.

The entire bike has had thorough clean and every moving part & threads regreased/lubed where recommened & all gear/brake cable inner/outer replaced for new & indexed/set up to be working as they should do.

All the components are in a very well looked after condition with minimal wear and no damage that hinders performance and only a few small wear & tear marks from general riding.

The frame itself has no dents or dings or mechanical damage other than cosmetic scratches and chips which it has quite abit of from poor storage mainly on the toptube & seatstays but it isn't very noticable unless your really inspecting the bike & the wheels run true with no flat spots or buckles. The frame has new chainstay protector fitted & new lizard skin leather frame patches applied to the frame and forks to stop any cable rub.

Looking for £450 collected from York or will post it at your own expense

The component list & pics are below:
Marin Northside Trail frame 15" alloy
Rockshox Revelation 130mm, Dual air with motion control damper & rebound with poploc handle bar lockout remote
Mavic QR wheelset- front novatec hub & what I think is a 321 rim & rear shimano 475 hub & 117 rim
Shimano XT HT2 Crankset, BB & Rear Mech
Shimano Deore shifters, front mech, cassette & brake levers
Shimano XTR/Dura-ace chain
Shimano Deore front mechanical discbrake & tekro rear mechanical disc brake with 160mm rotors f&r
Selle Royal Saddle & Marin seatpost & QR clamp with latest Crud Catcher rear mudguard fitted
GT oversized 31.8 alloy riser bars, stem & topcap finishing kit
Tioga Factory aggressive XC tyres 2.1/1.95 front & rear
Standard alloy bear trap pedals

This bike rides lovely, if I kept it the few things I would do in the future to make it really perfect for frequent abusive trail use would be upgrade to hydraulic disc brakes, new 9spd chain & try clip-in pedals or flat pin pedals for better grip/efficiency and it would be perfect!