Clifton CC Discussion Board

Shift that old kit, or those un-wanted presents, or see if anyone else has something you're looking for.

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:42 am
I've gorn a wee bit mad as part of building up my new bike, and have got one of the new SRM/SRAM power meters. As a result, my SRM Pro power meter is up for sale.

It's the wireless version of the standard aluminium Professional unit. It will therefore work with any ANT+ bike computer (Garmin 705 etc) and will show power as you ride, also allowing download to WKO+ or similar software for analysis. It fits an Octalink bottom bracket (I'll throw in the Dura-Ace one I've been using) and has 170mm cranks. I'll sell it with a pair of brand new SRAM 53/39 chainrings (swapped off the new model as I use Q-Rings). It had a new battery fitted and was re-calibrated at the end of last season (battery should last two seasons).

Fitting and set-up is a doddle; fit BB, cranks and cadence sensor magnet (supplied), pair with bike computer and off you go.

If you're methodical about training, these are very useful bits of kit. After a couple of years of using a HRM and now a couple of years using power, I'm a complete convert.

They're currently for sale new from SRM-UK for £1495. I paid less than that and have had two years' use from it so I'm asking for £500 plus £100 for the new chainrings. Buy now, get a season's data into it and you'll know how and why to suffer next winter...
Last edited by PhilBixby on Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

by nige gos Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:10 am
can't believe no ones snapped these up yet !!!

if i didn't have two powertaps i'd of have them - a few clifton lads
have garmins if your really serious about competing you need to have
a look.
by single sprocket Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:30 pm
PhilBixby wrote:I've gorn a wee bit mad as part of building up my new bike, and have got one of the new SRM/SRAM power meters. As a result, my SRM Pro power meter is up for sale.

It's the wireless version of the standard aluminium Professional unit. It will therefore work with any ANT+ bike computer (Garmin 705 etc) and will show power as you ride, also allowing download to WKO+ or similar software for analysis. It fits an Octalink bottom bracket (I'll throw in the Dura-Ace one I've been using) and has 170mm cranks. I'll sell it with a pair of brand new SRAM 53/39 chainrings (swapped off the new model as I use Q-Rings). It had a new battery fitted and was re-calibrated at the end of last season (battery should last two seasons).

Fitting and set-up is a doddle; fit BB, cranks and cadence sensor magnet (supplied), pair with bike computer and off you go.

If you're methodical about training, these are very useful bits of kit. After a couple of years of using a HRM and now a couple of years using power, I'm a complete convert.

They're currently for sale new from SRM-UK for £1495. I paid less than that and have had two years' use from it so I'm asking for £500 plus £100 for the new chainrings. Buy now, get a season's data into it and you'll know how and why to suffer next winter...

PM sent :)

by PhilBixby Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:45 am
Sold! (although not to a Clifton member....)

Buyer didn't want the chainrings though so I've still got a pair of SRAM Red 53/39 rings, unused, for £100 if anyone wants 'em.