Clifton CC Discussion Board

Shift that old kit, or those un-wanted presents, or see if anyone else has something you're looking for.

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:51 pm
This is a compromise between a hard case and a soft bag; it's a very well-padded and protective bag with a sub-frame into which the frame and fork clamp. It's got wheels (upgraded thanks to Arthur following the original ones dropping off) and is very easy to trundle around. The current version of it can be seen at http://www.scicon.it/aerocomfort.htm - mine lacks the separate wheel compartments but I'll throw in a pair of wheel bags which will fit easily inside. Big advantage of it is you only need to remove the bike wheels and turn the handlebars - pedals, seatpost etc all stay in place. It rolls up for storage. It's got my Cervelo around safely on the TGV and I've read plenty of reviews of people using them for air transport with no problems.

Current version is selling for an eye-watering £350; I didn't pay that much when I bought mine - I'd take £100 for it.

by IanH Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:48 pm
Hi Phil

I've sent you an e mail.

Ian H

by Dr Dave Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:14 pm
Phil, can I ask why you're selling it - I've been looking at bike bags and have noticed this one. Is there a problem/weakness in the design?

by PhilBixby Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:54 pm
Hi Dr.D

Am only selling it as it's taking up space in my office and only gets used every couple of years! No, no weakness in the design; they're quite big when in use but the flipside is you don't have to take the bike apart much (wheels off, handlebars turned). The wheels tend to drop off (as seems to be the case with almost all bike boxes/bags) but I've replaced mine with robust ones which are thoroughly loctited in place. I've never had any damage to the bike when travelling.

by Dr Dave Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:03 pm
Thanks Phil, may get one as I'm a lazy so'n so and find the minimal dismantling aspect appealing.