Clifton CC Discussion Board

Shift that old kit, or those un-wanted presents, or see if anyone else has something you're looking for.

Moderator: Moderators

by justsweat Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:42 am
Hi

Does anyone have a fixed wheel bike to sell?

Both Brian and I are after Fixed Wheel bikes, with brakes.

Brian rides 52 or 53.
Stacey rides 53 maybe 54 but obviously depends on bike.

Thanks
Stacey

by Mr_Striped_Hat Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:41 am
Hipster wannabes!
N'ah seriously though here are a few links to the hub of "Fixie Fever"
Check out LondonFGSS.com, it's a forum and they have a for sale board.
Also check out the "Fixed Gear Leeds" facebook group, one of them chaps had a charge plug up for sale.
Beware the ebay as these are the "cool" bikes at the moment so many pieces of poop going for silly big prices.
Why not get down to bike rescue and buy an old frame to build up your own conversion, the mighty Sheldon Brown website has everything you need to know about the process.
Welcome to the land of messenger bags and no hand trackstanding.

Mark, the one on the track bike in the street.

by tomf Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:00 am
I'm on my way to London. If I stick my foot out at the next traffic light, I can 'accidentally' trip the next red-running fixie on his way past. While he's checking he hasn't scuffed his Converse, I'll have the bike on the next train from King's Cross before you can say 'Brick Lane Bikes'!

Say, a tenner for a bike, or 20 if it has wacky flourescent rims?

Tom
by MarkL Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:03 pm
Hi Stacey & Brian,

I have a Bob Jackson 531 fixed wheel bike, with mudguards & brakes, that I've measured to be 55cm c-c. Will this be any good to you?
I also have a Concorde frame, Columbus tubing, that will probably be about the same size.

Regards,
Mark.

by IanH Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:07 pm
Hi Tom

I will have one, not bothered if it's not my size at that price I will make it fit.

by justsweat Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:17 am
Hi Mark,

Stacey managed to get a bike last weekend of Richard, however we still need a second one, but we are really looking for a small one, but would like to come over and see it, as sometimes proportions are more important.

Will give you a ring tomorrow to arrange or are you at the tri a TT?

Cheers

Brian