Clifton CC Discussion Board

Shift that old kit, or those un-wanted presents, or see if anyone else has something you're looking for.

Moderator: Moderators

by dave c Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:28 pm
For Sale

Cucuma Luna/Luar 54cm in black

6061 T6 Alluminium frame
Carbom forks
105 groupset
Ultegra Triple chainset 52 39 30
Ultegra rear mech
12 27 cassette
Mavic Aksium wheels 08 spec
Continental Ultra race tyres
Cucuma stem, bars, seat and post

http://www.sport-horizont.de/index.php3 ... 18%26m%3Ds Click on Luar and then photos on the right.

I bought this bike in Nov 07 direct from Cucuma. Cucuma are a German Manufacturer and are popular on the Continent for race bikes and Triathlon. It has done approx 500 miles and is immaculate. £500

Please reply here or pm

Dave

by willhub Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:44 pm
Hi.

I'm just registering interest in this if you dont mind, is it way too small for me? I need 56 for best fit so 54 might be abit too small?

(I'm 5ft 10-11)

by dave c Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:08 pm
Will wrote:
I'm just registering interest in this if you dont mind, is it way too small for me? I need 56 for best fit so 54 might be abit too small?

Hi Will

I am 5' 9" and 54 cm is normally a good size for me, I would say you need a bigger frame than a 54 cm.

I have found that the frame size figure does not tell the full story, top tube length is important aswell as stand over height.

Cucuma dimensions
Top Tube Horizontal length: 542 mm
Seat Tube Length: 540 mm
Stand over height (at bottom bracket centreline): 765 mm. This is the height from the ground to the top of the top tube)

Dave

by willhub Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:12 pm
This Genesis I have been looking at is 530 seat tube, 560 top tube,150 head tube, wheelbase 964.

Seem much bigger than your Cucuma?

by PhilBixby Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:46 pm
As Dave says, in many ways the horizontal top tube length is the important one (especially with compact or semi compact frames - ie with a sloping top tube). For example my 54cm Cervelo has a 54.5cm top tube but a much shorter seat tube, since it's a compact frame. 56cm *sounds* right for you, but get the CH staff to take a look at you riding it, and/or get them to check you on the BikeFit jig. As Paul's said, that will crank out a drawing with the critical dimensions you need, and will make recommendations on stem length (easily changeable) and a starting point for adjusting seat height.

by barberj Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:38 pm
Do you think it would be a good bike for my wife? She is 5' 8" and has about the same leg length (about 29.5") as me (my height is 5'10", so therefore my wife has a shorter torso) and I ride a 56cm. We have been talking of getting her a first race bike. We were looking at one bike shop and they recon she is about a 54cm depending on the bike.

by dave c Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:06 pm
It may do, it is fitted with a shortish stem (90mm) but the only way really would be to try it. There is a bit of adjustment regarding stem and spacers.

Cucuma dimensions
Top Tube Horizontal length: 542 mm
Seat Tube Length: 540 mm
Stand over height (at bottom bracket centreline): 765 mm. This is the height from the ground to the top of the top tube)
Distance from front of seat (central position) to handle bar is 480 mm approx.

Give me a ring if you want to see it 07710 035 600

by dave c Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:59 pm
Do you think it would be a good bike for my wife? She is 5' 8" and has about the same leg length (about 29.5") as me (my height is 5'10", so therefore my wife has a shorter torso) and I ride a 56cm. We have been talking of getting her a first race bike. We were looking at one bike shop and they recon she is about a 54cm depending on the bike.

After meeting you today and discussing this, I think the best thing you can do is go to a bike shop who have the facility to measure you up properly.

There are women specific bikes available which may fit you better than a normal bike, although not necessarily. Specialized and Trek do WSB along with some others. The WSB also tend to have shorter reach brake levers and some have auxiliary levers which some people like.

Hope this helps.

Dave

by barberj Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:13 am
Thanks for the reply. rachel is going to be mesured for size on Wednesday, so we should have a better idea.

Jeff
by John Banks Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Hi Dave
I am looking for a race bike as I have an old 80’s Raleigh Pursuit atm.
I am 6’2” or about 1.86m with an inside leg of 33” (not sure what that is in new money). Do you think I am too tall for your bike? What do you think the best thing to do is, perhaps go to cycle heaven and get measured up?
Thanks
John

by dave c Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:45 am
Hi John

I would say a 54" is too small for you. If you get measured up and then you can look at the bike dimensions and see which size of frame and components would fit you best.

Hope this helps

Dave