Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to post announcements about Sportif rides, offers the club has received and similar such stuff.

Moderator: Moderators

by NickScull Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:16 pm
Dear Nicholas,

I had to email you because I have just had the most amazing time cycling from London to Paris, believe it or not! I had so much fun and made so many new friends that I am going to stay in contact with. And I will never forget the lunches! Pasta, muffins, the BEST chocolate brownies in the world, an awesome vegetarian option and exotic salads. We also had a great snack stops, just at the moments when we needed an energy boost. In fact we didn't have to worry about anything except cycling, all of our travel arrangements had been booked for us, the route was marked, our bags were transported from hotel to hotel and there were mechanics, doctors and other staff to sort out any problems we came across.

The most fantastic moment on the event for me, would have to be on the last day when 450 of us came together at the Arc de Triomphe in the Parisian sunshine and cycled en mass down the Champs Elysees, the most famous road in cycling. It was the day before the Tour de France was due to arrive, so all of the banners were up for the following day and tourists stopped to watch and cheer us, "allez, allez".

In addition to having a great time, I knew that every mile I cycled would raise vital funds for Action Medical Research and their work in to finding the causes premature birth as part of the Touching Tiny Lives Campaign.

Fancy doing it with me next year?

Oly Watts.

If you want to share this experience and raise funds for the UK's leading medical research charity, we require a non-refundable registration fee of £99, plus your commitment to raise a minimum of £1,100 in sponsorship.

http://www.action.org.uk/get_involved/london_paris.php