Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to post announcements about Sportif rides, offers the club has received and similar such stuff.

Moderator: Moderators

by NickScull Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:15 pm
Introducing the Hairy Coo Mountain Bike Challenge

On behalf of the Crieff & Strathearn Drovers’ Tryst, please find attached a poster for the ‘Hairy Coo Mountain Bike Challenge’. A new event for 2007, the ‘Hairy Coo Mountain Bike Challenge’ is a fun multi-lap mountain bike race, which will launch our new bike trail that is currently being developed in West Perthshire.

As you will see from the attached details, the family-friendly day will offer a competitive race for varying abilities over our testing 3.5 km course, taking in old drove roads, purpose built single-track and exciting downhill and quarry section with jumps and drops. This will be complimented throughout the day with activities such as live music, spit roast, bike demos etc for the spectators.

The Hairy Coo is a new part of the Crieff & Strathearn Drovers’ Tryst. The Tryst is undergoing a transition period, moving from a fairly local community event which offers primarily walks, to one which embraces other outdoor activities, and has a far greater reach in terms of participation and publicity. It has always had a family-friendly, informal approach which we hope would encourage more people to ‘take to the hills’.

Whilst I appreciate that Crieff is not on your doorstep, many of your customers or club members may well be interested, and I would be grateful if you would consider printing and displaying our poster. We have hard copies of the poster and flyers which we can send you – just email me back with your address details and I’ll pop them in the post.

The website will carry more up-to-date information on entry details for the ‘Hairy Coo Mountain Bike Challenge’. Please see www.droverstryst.co.uk for details.

I can be contacted by email on colin@comriecroft.com or on 07933 781133 should you have any other queries.

Yours

Colin McPhail
Coordinator of Hairy Coo Mountain Bike Challenge
& Comrie Croft Trails

Colin Mcphail
COMRIE CROFT BIKES
Comrie Croft
Braincroft
Comrie Road
By Crieff
Perthshire
PH7 4JZ