Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to post announcements about Sportif rides, offers the club has received and similar such stuff.

Moderator: Moderators

by David Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:30 pm
Hi, I was for a time a member of Clifton several years ago, and then went off to Uni, I have just finished and now work for a cycling company in York. The company that I work for is looking to fill come vacancies.

I work on behalf of an advertising and rickshaw company called B-Spokes. They originally started in Edinburgh around 15 years ago and now are expanding into York.

Part of my job is to find riders to pedal their ad-bikes, rickshaws and courier bikes in York. Also as part of the jobs being advertised, there could be other associated advertising activities such as handing out leaflets, etc.

The jobs being advertised include both day and night work offering great flexibility! Working with B-Spokes is a unique experience; one day you could be delivering magazines and the next you could be at a music festival or even talking the bride to the church for her wedding!

B-Spokes will provide thorough training to ensure you are both safe and successful. There are some requirements for candidates. These are:

1. Aged 18 or Over.
2. Hold a valid UK driving licence for a minimum of a year (however for deliveries and ad-bikes work this isn’t crucial but still preferable).
3. Good level of fitness.
4. Polite, enthusiastic and determined!

There are different levels of pay for different activities. Pedalling the ad-bikes is paid at £7 per hour, private hire rickshawing (such as weddings and festivals) is £8 per hour and deliveries/couriering is dependant on the nature of the delivery.

Pedalling the rickshaws (apart from private hire activities) is on a self employed basis. Renting a rickshaw is typically £100 a week and this allows you to use it whenever you'd like. Typically earnings on a weekend (Friday and Saturday night) are around £300 - £400+ (based on rates in Edinburgh).

If you are interested please message me on the forum.

Also you can check out more about the company on www.b-spokes.com

Many Thanks

David

Nothing is real...everything is permitted