Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to post announcements about Sportif rides, offers the club has received and similar such stuff.

Moderator: Moderators

by NickScull Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:58 am
We are a British couple who have recently completed the construction of a large, brand new villa in the North West of Sardinia. We now wish to let out a totally self-contained half of this. However, we would only want to let it to groups such as cyclists, divers, walkers etc., who we believe would treat the property with care.

The villa is situated close to Lago Baratz, a ten minute drive from Alghero airport. The coast in that area is known as the Coral Riviera. The villa is in a tranquil, rural setting with eleven acres of farmland and panoramic views. It is fully furnished and equipped, providing all linens, towels etc.

Ryanair fly to Alghero from Stansted, Liverpool, East Midland and Dublin airports.

I am sure that your members will be aware of the cycling opportunities in the area. We frequently see groups and individuals in the area and there are often cyclists taking their own bikes on the aircrafts.

If any of your members are considering holidaying in Sardinia and are looking for high quality accommodation I would be most grateful if you would pass on this e mail address for them to contact me. I would be very happy to supply full details and photographs without obligation plus any other information on the island that they may require.

Thank you very much.

Yours sincerely,

Freda Ross
rossville@btinternet.com

by NickScull Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:13 am
Villa Baratz
Sardinia, Italy

Villa Baratz, Sardinia

This new villa consists of 2 independent apartments, 1 of which is available for holiday let.

Villa Baratz is located in a North-West Sardinia rural setting, about 15 minutes from Alghero Airport. Ryanair (http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/) fly from East Midlands, Liverpool, Dublin and Stansted. It is set in 11 acres of its own land, a 10 minute drive from the nearest beach and 25 minutes from Alghero town. The nearest small village is 5 minutes drive and a larger one is 10 minutes away. There is no nearby public transport and car hire would be essential. We recommend booking this in advance during high season. Villa Baratz is in a beautiful, tranquil location and ideally placed for exploring North & West Sardinia.

The apartment sleeps up to 6 and consists of:
1 double bedroom and 1 twin bedroom
1 bathroom (including bath, shower & bidet)
1 fully equipped kitchen/diner
1 lounge (including a spring-action double bed-settee)
Large veranda with table, chair and sunloungers

The apartment is fully double-glazed and centrally heated (for winter use!)
Rooms have ceiling fans. Windows and doors have sliding fly-screens.
All bedding, towels, crockery and cooking utensils are provided.

Brian and Sonia, English “ex-pats” living nearby, manage preparation and “turn round.”

Prices are per week, for the apartment, with reductions available for longer bookings.
A 20% non-refundable deposit & £100 refundable “damages” deposit are payable on booking confirmation. Final payment is due 3 weeks prior to start of holiday.
Low season *£300 Jan-Mar 07; Nov 07–21st Mar 08
Mid season *£450 Apr-May 07; Sept-Oct 07; 22nd Mar-May 08
High season *£650 Jun-Aug 07; Jun-Aug 08
*Discounts may be available for late availability or low-occupancy bookings

For further information please contact Peter or Freda:
01543 275704 or 07752 463348
e-mail: rossville@btinternet.com

For further information on Sardinia, or should you be tempted to consider buying your own property, please also check our website: www.sardinian-homes.co.uk

by NickScull Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:18 am
I have also been sent a link to a selection of photos of the villa. Please let me know if you want it forwarding to you.
nick.scull@btopenworld.com
01904 708170