Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to post announcements about Sportif rides, offers the club has received and similar such stuff.

Moderator: Moderators

by Virginie Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:47 pm
Hello

I would like to take this opportunity as a fellow cyclist to inform you about our new cycling lodge situated in the heart of the French Pyrenees mountains.

We are based in the stunning Louron Valley in the Haute Pyrenees region giving our guests instant access to some of the most famous cols of the Tour de France and other amazing cycling routes, and with the lodge being right at the very start of the world famous Col de Peyresourde the cycling is second to none.

The Lodge has been lovingly restored to a very high standard of comfort whilst retaining many of the original features and was originally the old village post house and its from here we offer catered accommodation on a half board basis for groups of up to twelve.

We have six well appointed guest rooms which are all en-suite with amazing views of the surrounding mountains and valleys, and the lodge itself comes with all the creature comforts you will ever need during your stay including Sky TV and free Wifi and comprises of a large sitting room cum dining room with a fully stocked bar and a very cozy snug for those looking for a quiet place to reflect on the days ride. Both rooms have wood burning stoves to enjoy at the end of an autumnal ride.

We have a secure garage with a workshop for any maintenance needs and private parking for those wishing to self drive or alternatively we can offer transfers from any of the three nearby airports of Pau,Toulouse, or Tarbes/Lourdes and a support vehicle and driver is available on request as is a cycling guide.

We would be very happy to offer group leaders for groups of six or more a free place in the lodge (excluding flights).

I hope this could be of interest to your cycling club and for any further information you may require please do not hesitate to contact myself James Dealtry on 00 33 (0) 6 09 49 73 80 or alternatively please visit our website at www.ancienneposteavajan.com

I would like to thank you in advance for your time and look forward to hearing from you in the future.

James Dealtry