Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to post announcements about Sportif rides, offers the club has received and similar such stuff.

Moderator: Moderators

by like my bike Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:35 pm
Half Term, Clifton CC, Go Ride, Activity Days, Tuesday 26th Wednesday 27th

For two days of half term, we are running Road, Cyclo X and MTB sessions for 9-16 years olds. We will have our own club coaches and the British Cycling, North Yorkshire Coach, running various skills sessions, time trail skill sections and relay races. Great fun for all abilities.

Session are based at Hempland School, Whitby Avenue, York, from 10.00 – 3.00pm

Contact Billy Gerethy 07500460887 or Andy Johnston 07940302065 to book your place, we have a selection of MTB & Cyclo Cross bikes for those that don’t have bikes or what to try something different.

Please bring your bike if you have one, warm clothes, waterproof, trainers, pack lunch, drinks bottle.

Cost is £12.00 per day or £20.00 for both days, we look forward to seeing you!

A J

by like my bike Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:57 pm
Well done to all 14 riders who turned out today, despite the damp conditions at the start of the day, we look forward to seeing you tomorrow for more fun!!!

A J

by like my bike Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:06 pm
Day 2, brought fine weather and 18 young riders, thanks to all for a great turn out, and especially to Billy and British Cycling Coach Andy Samanjoul, everyone had a great time...

After the success of the sessions, these plans are now being made for the next holiday sessions which are likely to be between Christmas and New Year, ideal for all those who are expecting new bikes for Christmas..

Don't forget there are regular sessions on Saturdays at Hempland School.

Age Group: 9 - 12 year olds
When: Saturday mornings 11am - 12 mid day

Age Group: 13 - 16 year olds
When: Saturday mornings 10am - 12 mid day

Where: Hempland School, Whitby Avenue, York. YO31 1ET
Cost: 2.50 per hour session.
What to bring: Bike, Helmet, suitable clothing, food, drink, signed parental/guardian consent form

A J