Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to post announcements about Sportif rides, offers the club has received and similar such stuff.

Moderator: Moderators

by menticknap Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:06 am
Hope you dont mind me posting this topic:

We will have two routes available for riders. The 60K route is a relatively easy route around some of our best bits of Ryedale. The 60mile route heads into the North Yorkshire moors and two of the most gruesome hills, Blakey & Chimney Bank.
If you would like to join us on our first reliability ride, please meet at Netto car park for a 9am start on 17 January 2010.
£2.00 per rider.
Lets hope the snow has gone.

wwww.maltonwheelersrc.co.uk

by menticknap Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:25 am
CANCELLED

I drove the course this morning (Sat 9AM). It was raining in Malton (and still is), but up at Blakey it was snowing! The road from Church Houses had been dug out with 10foot high snow banks on both sides of the road, but the higher I drove, the thicker the snow got. I had trouble trying to get to the top to be honest. The car was swerving from side to side as the front end tried to get grip. So thats the 60mile route out of the window.
Regarding the 60K route. I would approximate that a third of it is underwater or ice!

Perhaps Mid January is a little too early to have an organised ride, although I do remember last year being rather "nice". I will try again next year.

Matthew signing off.