Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to post announcements about Sportif rides, offers the club has received and similar such stuff.

Moderator: Moderators

by m-k-lewis@msn.com Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:21 am
Is anyone doing this sportive on the 24th October?

I am sure the weather will be lovely!

:wink:

Mark

by m-k-lewis@msn.com Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:57 pm
Hi All

I am doing the shorter route this weekend and aiming to set off at about 9 from HQ at Chapel en le Frith.

I am going with a mixed group from Copmanthorpe and work, and we will probably take it steady for the first half and stick together. We may then split up a little later depending on how things are going.

I will be in a Clifton top if anyone else is going and wants to tag along.

Mark

by m-k-lewis@msn.com Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:16 am
Made it!

It was pretty tough though. I got a stinking headache at 20 miles and thought I'd forgotten my painkillers (of course I found them in my pocket at the end of the ride!).

Weather was awful, with very strong wind and rain. The Cat and Fiddle was easy but long and I made it up Winnats in one without having to have a rest at the top - it isn't a patch on Boltby for me. There were loads of other hills that I thought were tougher.

I wasn't impressed with the organisation either. Not sure if anyone else has experience of Kilo to go events, but I won't be doing another one. The route used far too many main roads (Kevin would not have approved) and the feed stop was chaotic and poorly provisioned. At the end you had to pay for tea / coffee and pasta!

I think those doing the long route had a really bad time. We passed loads of them with a good 20 miles of hills still to go on our drive home. It was nearly 1700h, most didn't have lights and they would definitely be finishing in the dark - apparently the route was much longer than advertised!

Mark