Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to post announcements about Sportif rides, offers the club has received and similar such stuff.

Moderator: Moderators

by m-k-lewis@msn.com Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:04 pm
Is anyone doing the Ryedale Rumble on the 9th of August? I know it is a fair way away but I need to get some training in because it will be my first Sportif. I have signed up for route 2.

Mark

by barberj Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:05 pm
I am doing the medium as well with a friend . I should expect their will be quite a few Clifton riders doing it.

by m-k-lewis@msn.com Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:09 pm
Hi

Great. I have never done one before - I hear this one is quite tough.

Did 70 miles up to Wass Bank and back via Yearsley Bank and Sheriff Hutton today - good training.

Mark

by Dan Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:24 pm
I've also signed up for the middle ride.

by m-k-lewis@msn.com Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:52 pm
After some serious mickey taking by Kevin on the Saturday ride, I thought I had better recce this route before the big day to see what I have let myself in for!

I am doing route 2 and am planning to ride it (with a cafe stop on this occassion) sometime over the next few weeks.

I will let you all know when through the forum in case anyone fancies joining me.

Mark

by m-k-lewis@msn.com Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:58 pm
After a week on the booze on what was supposed to have been a sunny Devon family holiday I am spectacularly out of shape!

I can therefore not think of a better time to recce the new route 2 on the Rumble! I am planning to do this tomorrow (Sunday 2nd) if anyone fancies it?

I will be driving up to Gilling East aiming to set off from there about 10ish.

Mark

by m-k-lewis@msn.com Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:50 pm
No takers so I did the route on my own in hot sunshinre and a stiff head wind!

It is pretty tough! As I am sure you guys all know Boltby bank is a killer, with a treacherous descent shortly afterwards with a deep ford at the bottom, followed by another steep climb - I foresee chaos!

mark

by timj Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:48 pm
Hi
Tim hERE doing the long route on sunday What time anyone riding?
cheers

by bernard turgoose Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:11 pm
Hi all doing the Rumble no2, I intend starting at about 9.15 from Gilling, I have noticed a number of others from Clifton as well as those who have contributed above.
Perhaps we can ride in a group?
Bernard

by dave c Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:00 am
Hi Tim, I was thinking of getting there about 7.30 and setting off about 08.00.

Dave

http://www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php?id=14235
Last edited by dave c on Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Jason Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:55 pm
I'm down for the long route, but will be deciding whether to drop down to the middle route at the top of Blakey Bank! Looking to start around 08:00, so will keep an eye open for Clifton jerseys. Let's see if I can stay with them for a bit longer than at the Richmond Sportive... :)

Jason.

by timj Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:08 pm
Hi Dave
That sounds about right Ill see u there at the signing on area about 745.If i cant see u ill give u a ring! Anyone else up for then?
cheers Tim