Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to post announcements about Sportif rides, offers the club has received and similar such stuff.

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:35 pm
Hello,
My name is Jess and I work for Right To Play, an athlete-driven international humanitarian organisation that uses sport and play to help children affected by poverty, war and disease across Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
We are currently organising a Cycle Ride from Edinburgh to London, from August 17th-23rd. We are hoping to attract 200 people. For the final leg from Oxford to London we will hopefully be joined by Europe's top cyclist, Mark Cavendish from Team Columbia. We will stay each evening in fully catered university halls in Edinburgh, Berwick-Upon-Tweed, Newcastle, Leeds, Nottingham, Oxford, and finally London. I have attached the route maps to make things a bit clearer.

We ask that participants pledge £900 in sponsorship and fundraising to take part in the challenge. All proceeds go to the charity and includes: 7 nights accommodation, all food (3 meals a day), full team support (both on bicycles and in vehicles), team mechanics, team medics, route marking and maps, a celebratory dinner in London on the 23rd August, training tips from Mark Cavendish, a cycle vest, fundraising support from the Right To Play office...

It is also worth mentioning that group discounts are available for teams of 5 or more.

This will be a fantastic event for a very worthy cause.

If you could possibly pass these details on to your club members and/or advertise this on your website, I would be very grateful.

Please do contact me if you have any further enquiries.

Best Wishes

Jess Blijkers

39-43 Brewer Street
London W1F 9UD
United Kingdom

T: +44 (0) 207 734 7946
M: +44 (0) 7931 699 256
Email for details:- jblijkers@righttoplay.com