Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to post announcements about Sportif rides, offers the club has received and similar such stuff.

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:07 am
...in this week's Cycling Weekly... ...will be Clifton!

So find something comfy to lean against in your nearest newsagents and enjoy....
by Jon G Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:47 pm
PhilBixby wrote:...in this week's Cycling Weekly... ...will be Clifton!

So find something comfy to lean against in your nearest newsagents and enjoy....

I hope your not one of these Phil that stands in the newsagent and reads the magazine and then puts its back without buying it :)

by PhilBixby Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:34 pm
I have a clear conscience where Cycling Weekly is concerned!

by PhilBixby Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:32 pm
Me to Cycling Weekly:- "Mag piece looks good; many thanks. Only one thing - "Catchment area - East Suffolk"? What happened there?!?"

Response from Editorial bloke:- "How very, very bizarre. I looked at your copy and my copy and it was down as Yorkshire. I checked it with the subs, and they have no idea why it has changed. Many apologies."

:roll:

by CambridgeBloke Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:28 pm
PhilBixby wrote:Me to Cycling Weekly:- "Mag piece looks good; many thanks. Only one thing - "Catchment area - East Suffolk"? What happened there?!?"

Response from Editorial bloke:- "How very, very bizarre. I looked at your copy and my copy and it was down as Yorkshire. I checked it with the subs, and they have no idea why it has changed. Many apologies."

:roll:

Ha ha, East Suffolk. I better join up asap to validate that then.......... :lol:

by willhub Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:45 pm
So Clifton wasent in Cycling weekly?

by PhilBixby Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:47 pm
Yes, it's in - they just somehow managed to get one of the details wrong. I suspect it's the "forgetting to change the contents of one cell while cutting and pasting" syndrome which we've all, at some point, fallen foul of....